- Sports Rennes star has time on his side – could Camavinga be Casemiro's deputy at Real Madrid?
- News Udupi man who committed suicide fearing having contracted coronavirus tested negative
- Movies Kanika Kapoor Tests Coronavirus Positive For The Fourth Time, Family Members Concerned!
- Technology How to Pin a Website to Windows 10 Taskbar
- Automobiles Top Car News Of The Week: 2020 Maruti Dzire, BS6 Mahindra Bolero, BS4 Deadline, & More
- Finance RBI ‘s EMI Moratorium: Higher Interest If You Opt For EMI Break
- Travel 10 Best Family Friendly Destinations To Visit In April In India
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
Wondering why no workout goals have been working out for you? You might actually be taking in too many calories each day without realising it.
Those who overeat regularly are under the risk of weight gain and this also increases their chance of developing chronic diseases. It requires a lot of dedication and commitment in order to put an end to this destructive overeating behaviour.
This article deals with reasons on why you overeat and how to stop it all together. Although stopping the habit of overeating is challenging, it is not entirely difficult.
There are simple strategies that will help you change your behaviour and also put an end to overeating. We tend to overeat because we are emotionally hungry. Emotional hunger draws us into a cycle of stress, depression, boredom, fear, loneliness and emotional emptiness. So, if you want to know all about overeating and how to stop it, read this piece.
Also Read : Here Is How Overeating Affects Your Health
Continue reading to know more about the top reasons on why you overeat and how to stop it.
1. Tricked By Healthy Food Labels:
Some products might actually trick you with fake labels like 'healthy' and so on. Research shows that those products which were marked as healthy were consumed more than those which weren't marked. Sometimes, you might be binging on foods that are actually unhealthy, which might also increase your weight.
2. Kitchen Is Cluttered Or Chaotic:
If the mess in your kitchen has gone out of control, then you might be at the risk of munching on too many cookies. Researches state that a chaotic atmosphere will make you want to gorge on food, especially something sweet. This is one of the top reasons why you overeat.
Also Read : Is Your Toddler Overeating? Here's What You Need To Do
3. Sleep Deprivation:
Not getting enough sleep can increase your hunger hormone, ghrelin. This might increase the chances of you munching on chips and sugary foods.
4. Being Online While Eating:
Being logged into social media sites can cause you to calorie load. As per studies, it was found that spending time on social media while eating can lead you to eat more than the usual amount. This will let you know how to stop overeating once and for all.
5. When Body Never Feels Full:
When you eat past the point of feeling full, then you short circuit your body's ability of feeling full. Overeating leads to more overeating. When a person is overfed, the hormone which is responsible for making us feel full shuts down and the brain will not receive the "I'm full" message. Hence this will lead to overeating.
6. Overeating After A Workout:
After finishing a tough workout session, you shouldn't use this as an excuse to overeat. You must make sure that unless it is snack time, you should stick to eating light and not include food more than 150 calories.
Also Read : Opt For These Tips To Avoid Hyper-Snacking At Movies
7. Biological Risk Factors:
These can contribute to binge-eating. This occurs if the hypothalamus, the part of the brain that controls appetite, does not send the correct message about hunger and fullness. This is one of the top reasons why you overeat.
8. You're Dehydrated:
Sometimes, your body might mistake your thirst to be hunger. Warm drinks will take a long time to leave your stomach than cold ones. Hence, sipping hot water or tea will help reduce those sugar cravings.