- 32 min ago Daily Horoscope, 06 December 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 10 hrs ago How To Prepare A Delectable And Rich Mughlai Shahi Paneer Recipe
- 11 hrs ago Why Is Lord Rama Known As Maryada Purushottam? 16 Reasons
- 12 hrs ago Anvadhan 2022: Date, Meaning Of Agnihotra, And Significance
- Sports FIFA World Cup 2022: Brazil vs South Korea: Brazil dismantle Korea to win 4-1 and qualify for quarterfinals
- News Gujarat Election 2022: 2nd phase polling concludes with over 61% voter turnout
- Movies KBC 14: Amitabh Bachchan Calls Kajol A 'Liar' After She Says She Is Scared Of Him: Jhooth Bolna Inko Aata Hai
- Finance Stock To Buy: This 2022 Listed Midcap Stock Grew 37.4% Since Listing, Buy For Further 24% Upside
- Travel Ever Seen an Entire Flight Booked for A Wedding? Here it is!
- Education MBA student bags a 50-lakh package with Microsoft
- Automobiles Mahindra Offering Discounts Up To Rs 1 Lakh – XUV300, Thar, Bolero & More
- Technology Vivo Y02 Launched In India: Can It Be A Good Budget Device In India?
Yoga is one of the best aerobic exercises that can be done on a regular basis. It is beneficial for your body, mind and soul. One always imagine a woman doing the yoga poses but even a man can try yoga.
Majority of men prefer workout sessions using heavy equipments. You might not accept, but yoga also has amazing health benefits. So, instead of doing hard-core exercises, you can try yoga. If you get less time to hit the gym, do these yoga poses that are great for men.
4 yoga poses for men:
Standing forward fold: After a hectic day at work, you can relax and refresh your mind, body & soul by trying this yoga pose. Forward fold stretches your hamstrings, calves, and hips and relaxes your muscles. It is an effective exercise to strengthen leg and knees. Stand straight with joined legs. Now slowly start bending your upper body down and touch the feet. Remember not to bend your knees. You should feel a little stretch on your legs and calf muscles. In the beginning, it is not possible to touch your feet without bending the knees. However, stretch till wherever possible and gradually the flexibility of muscles will help you touch your knees easily.
Wheel position: Also known as Urdhva Dhanurasana, this is another effective yoga pose that is good for men. It might be one of the toughest yoga posture to try but with time and practice, you can be a master in this asana. Lie flat on the floor with legs bend. Bend your elbows and spread the palms on the floor beside your head. The arms should be perpendicular to the floor and the fingers should point towards your shoulders. Lift your body (tailbone, hips, shoulders and head) by exerting pressure on the palms and feet. Your body weight will rest on your palms and feet. This yoga exercise strengthens your arms, spines, abdomen and legs. You can get a flat tummy and also reduce back pain with this yoga.
Headstand: In many movies and soaps, you will find actors posing in this yoga posture. Their hand on the floor and legs in air. Also known as Salamba Sirsasana, it is a beneficial yoga pose for men to boost body energy, increase blood circulation and fight stress. However, this is a risky yoga pose as your neck is in a vulnerable position. All your body weight is lifted on the head and elbows. One mistake can be very dangerous. So, be careful while trying headstand. Beginners should take a guidance or practice this yoga in front of the wall so that they can learn to balance their body weight.
Full boat pose: Men should try this yoga pose if they want to build their body and fight belly fat. Lie flat on the ground. Now slowly raise your legs upwards and then bring forward your upper body as if trying to touch the feet. This yoga pose is great to reduce belly fat, back pain and also strengthens abdominal & hip muscles.
Men can try these yoga poses to stay healthy and fit.
- yogaJyeshtikasana or Superior Pose-Yoga for Relaxation
- wellnessInternational Day Of Yoga 2019: 10 Yoga Poses To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
- wellnessNo Smoking Day 2022: 5 Yoga Asanas To Help You Quit Smoking
- disorders cureYoga Asanas To Relieve Joint Pain
- disorders cureEffective Yoga Asanas To Reduce Your Tummy
- disorders cureThese Yoga Asanas Help Fight Fatigue & Tiredness Efficiently
- wellness10-Minute Yoga Asanas To Improve Concentration During Exams
- wellness5 Yoga Positions That Can Help You Reduce Belly Fat
- wellness10 Yoga Poses For Stress Relief
- diet fitnessYoga Asanas To Reduce Thighs n Hips
- diet fitnessCelebrities Who Practise Yoga
- diet fitnessMeditation Step By Step Guide