- 14 hrs ago Deepika Padukone's Latest Airport Look Is All Things Cool And Comfy
- 14 hrs ago 10 Simple And Effective Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Puffy Eyes
- 15 hrs ago Malaika Arora And Amyra Dastur Makes Us Want To Buy More And More Dresses
- 16 hrs ago Fashion Lovers, For Sure You Will Be Stunned To See These Jaw-Dropping Couture Cakes
- News 7th Pay Commission latest news: DA hike a reality, not a pay increase
- Technology You Can Buy These Smartphones With Premium Features Under Rs. 25,000
- Finance Caution: New Fraud Via UPI On The Rise
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Spinners failed to impress
- Movies Nayanthara’s Marriage Prediction Goes Viral; Will It Turn Out To Be True?
- Automobiles Mahindra Mojo 300 ABS Specifications Leaked
- Travel Best Places to Visit in Rajasthan During Monsoon Season
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
Yoga is one of the best aerobic exercises that can be done on a regular basis. It is beneficial for your body, mind and soul. One always imagine a woman doing the yoga poses but even a man can try yoga.
Majority of men prefer workout sessions using heavy equipments. You might not accept, but yoga also has amazing health benefits. So, instead of doing hard-core exercises, you can try yoga. If you get less time to hit the gym, do these yoga poses that are great for men.
4 yoga poses for men:
Standing forward fold: After a hectic day at work, you can relax and refresh your mind, body & soul by trying this yoga pose. Forward fold stretches your hamstrings, calves, and hips and relaxes your muscles. It is an effective exercise to strengthen leg and knees. Stand straight with joined legs. Now slowly start bending your upper body down and touch the feet. Remember not to bend your knees. You should feel a little stretch on your legs and calf muscles. In the beginning, it is not possible to touch your feet without bending the knees. However, stretch till wherever possible and gradually the flexibility of muscles will help you touch your knees easily.
Wheel position: Also known as Urdhva Dhanurasana, this is another effective yoga pose that is good for men. It might be one of the toughest yoga posture to try but with time and practice, you can be a master in this asana. Lie flat on the floor with legs bend. Bend your elbows and spread the palms on the floor beside your head. The arms should be perpendicular to the floor and the fingers should point towards your shoulders. Lift your body (tailbone, hips, shoulders and head) by exerting pressure on the palms and feet. Your body weight will rest on your palms and feet. This yoga exercise strengthens your arms, spines, abdomen and legs. You can get a flat tummy and also reduce back pain with this yoga.
Headstand: In many movies and soaps, you will find actors posing in this yoga posture. Their hand on the floor and legs in air. Also known as Salamba Sirsasana, it is a beneficial yoga pose for men to boost body energy, increase blood circulation and fight stress. However, this is a risky yoga pose as your neck is in a vulnerable position. All your body weight is lifted on the head and elbows. One mistake can be very dangerous. So, be careful while trying headstand. Beginners should take a guidance or practice this yoga in front of the wall so that they can learn to balance their body weight.
Full boat pose: Men should try this yoga pose if they want to build their body and fight belly fat. Lie flat on the ground. Now slowly raise your legs upwards and then bring forward your upper body as if trying to touch the feet. This yoga pose is great to reduce belly fat, back pain and also strengthens abdominal & hip muscles.
Men can try these yoga poses to stay healthy and fit.