- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 05 October 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 13 hrs ago Iconic Band Depeche Mode Announce New Album And World Tour
- 14 hrs ago Jacqueline Fernandez's Go-To Haircare Ingredients Are Egg White And Beer: Ways To Add It To Your Hair Care
- 14 hrs ago Happy Birthday Shweta Tiwari: TV Star Scores High In The Fashion Game
- Movies Godfather Review: Chiranjeevi's Remake Is Quite Different From Lucifer
- Sports India vs SA, 3rd T20I: Full List Of Award Winners, Man Of The Match & Series, Post-Match Presentation Info
- News Elon Musk to go ahead with $54.20 a share Twitter deal
- Finance ICICI Securities Upgraded This Small Cap Service Sector Stock From Hold To Add, Shares Can Surge 10%
- Technology Google Pixel Watch To Break Cover On October 6: Everything We Know So Far
- Automobiles Zontes Motorcycles Launched In India: Chinese Motorcycles Priced Higher Than The Competition
- Education Odisha NEET 2022 Counselling registration begins: apply by October 10
- Travel Bisti Widlerness: A Must-See Natural Wonder In The USA
What vibrant hues are to Delhi, easy-breezy hipster is to Mumbai. In a layman's language, Mumbai folks are the pioneers of hipster fashion in the country. While in capital you see myriad colors of high-fashion, on the other hand Mumbaikars' approach to fashion is rather subtle and low toned. In Delhi, you'll find a range of sequin dresses and runway gowns while in Mumbai you'll witness a mellowed form of high-end fashion.
Even at popular places like Social or Blue Frog, you can barely spot a girl wearing a sequin dress. Street fashion in Mumbai is different from the rest of states. Peeps in Mumbai love quirky, unique and intuitive fashion fads, and that what attracts a hipster fashion phenomena in this part of the country.
It's a funny saying, while it takes many hours to get ready for a concert, a Mumbaikar can come in his/her Hawaiians cladding the most regular tee and a pair of baggy pants. Though people in this town do not appreciate gaudy and vibrant hues, but that doesn't mean they are any less than other fashion states. Here people have a hippie hint to their outfits.
It is usual to spot a guys wearing soda glasses, a way bigger than the size of his face, or a girl clothed in a tunic from Herculean era. They keep it simple yet quirky. And having inspired by Mumbai's quirky taste in fashion, we have decided to expose them here on our Boldsky Fashion section The Fashion Indian States, or let's say let's look into the closet of The Indian Hipster state. So here goes...
Hats and Belts
A typical Mumbaikar love to don a hat or a belt. They usually pair it with funky pants.
Image Courtesy: Buzzfeed
The Classy Hairdo
As stated earlier, Mumbaikars are very eccentric in their fashion choices. Be it pants, jackets or the hairstyles, the follow the same rule for all.
The Kurta Fad
They love to wear kurtas, accessorized with junk jewelry. You get to see a lot of these ensembles in flea markets.
Image Courtesy: Buzzfeed
Bring Those Maxis
An easy-breezy maxi is a Mumbaikar's typical street style. The maxis state the mood and also make one comfortable in that hot and humid climate.
Cotton Dresses And Tunics
A cotton dress or a cotton tunic comes handy to Mumbai folks. They love to accessorize the dress with sling bags and hats. Sometimes, a pair of good-looking sneakers.
Shorts For Humid Summers
It's mandatory to own a pair of summer shorts in that forever hot and humid sea breeze.
Image Courtesy: Buzzfeed
Long Coats And Straight Pants
However the weather doesn't permit the use of coat, but Mumbai folks have find their way out to clad the unseasonal rag in their own way. Mostly light fabric coats are worn with straight pants,.
So which is your favorite fashionable state? Check out our take on other fashionable states here: The Fashionable Indian States
- bollywood wardrobeHappy Birthday Shweta Tiwari: TV Star Scores High In The Fashion Game
- bollywood wardrobeAlia Bhatt’s Metallic Gold Avatar At The Time 100 Impact Awards 2022
- fashionMet Gala 2023 Theme - Karl Lagerfeld; Fashion Charity Event Will Honour Legendary Designer
- bollywood wardrobeBoF 500 Gala Paris: Deepika Padukone, Kylie Jenner, Jared Leto, And Others Dazzle At Fashion Event
- fashionParis Fashion Week 2022: Bella Hadid’s Spray-On Coperni Dress, Iconic Fashion Moment On The Runway!
- bollywood wardrobeAli Fazal And Richa Chadha Dazzle In Traditional Outfits For Their Pre-Wedding Ceremonies; See Pictures Here
- bollywood wardrobePS1 Promotions: Sobhita Dhulipala Looks Elegant In Sky Blue Saree [PICS]
- bollywood wardrobeGQ Best Dressed Awards 2022: Nora Fatehi, Esha Gupta, Pooja Hegde & Others Dazzle At The Red Carpet
- bollywood wardrobeAli Fazal And Richa Chadha Pick Ethnic Style For Their Cocktail Bash; See Pictures Here
- bollywood wardrobeSara Ali Khan’s Ethnic Kurta Sets Style Is What You Need For Indian Wear
- bollywood wardrobeRhea Chakraborty Looks Sizzling In Black Outfit! PICS
- bollywood wardrobeDurga Puja 2022: Alia Bhatt To Bipasha Basu, Durga Puja Outfits Guide From Bollywood Beauties