- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 19 January 2020
- 15 hrs ago From Deepika Padukone To Tamannaah Bhatia, These Divas Gave Us Sari Goals For Various Occasions
- 15 hrs ago Gauri Khan's Corset And Geometrically-Patterned Lehenga Is The Refreshing Outfit We All Wish We Had
- 16 hrs ago 8 Diseases Caused Due To Poor Sexual Hygiene
- Technology Redmi Smartphones Offers And Discounts During Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapuramloo Day 7 Box Office Collection: The Film Crosses 100 Crore In Just One Week!
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Churchill Brothers look to halt TRAU’s winning run
- News No state can deny implementation of CAA, it’s unconstitutional: Kapil Sibal
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
At the Nobel Prize ceremony, the Indian-American economist Abhijit Banerjee and French-American economist and his wife, Esther Duflo were honoured with the Nobel Prize Awards for Economic Sciences. They were also joined by US-based colleague, Michael Kremer, who also won the Nobel Prize 2019 for his contribution in the field of economics. Dressed in dhoti-jacket and sari respectively, Abhijit Banerjee and Esther Duflo left a lasting impression. They beautifully represented the Indian culture with their outfits.
Abhijit Banerjee, who is the second Indian-origin economist to win a Nobel Prize after Amartya Sen, looked impeccable in his ethnic attire. He showed his Bengali roots with cream-hued kurta that he paired with ivory dhoti that was accentuated by golden border. He also wore a black bandhgala jacket to add a formal dress-code touch to his look. Abhijit Banerjee rounded out his look with formal shoes.
As for Esther Duflo, she also draped a sari for the special occasion. She wore an understated and sophisticated sari for the event, which was enhanced by blue and green ombré hues. She teamed her beautifull-draped sari with a deep red blouse. She kept her jewellery delicate with a gold necklace and stunning bracelets. Esther Duflo completed her look with a red bindi.
So, what do you think about their outfits? Let us know that in the comment section. Congratulations to Abhijit Banerjee, Esther Duflo, and Michael Kremer!
Photo Credits: The Nobel Prize