- Technology Flipkart Mobile Bonanza November 14 to 18: Discounts On Flagship Smartphones
- Sports Dominika Cibulkova retires aged 30
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Choti Sarrdaarni Slips To 2nd Spot; Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka Witnesses Jump
- News Will work to form govt in Maharashtra, won’t reveal numbers now: Narayan Rane
- Travel Mandi – An Unexplored Gem Of India
- Automobiles Hyundai Confirms New Compact Sedan To Be Called Aura
- Finance India’s Q2 GDP Growth May Be At 4.2%: SBI Report
- Education National Education Day: Why It Is Celebrated On Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Birthday
Ramadan begins on the 19th of June. During this holy season Muslims fast after sunrise till sunset. It is during this holy month, special kinds of food are prepared. One of the most loved Ramadan recipes to try out during this season is the corn and bean salad.
It is a favourite during Ramadan because of its creamy texture and delicious vegetables which make this vegetable dish tastier.
This corn and bean salad recipe is loved among children too who fast during the holy month of Ramadan. The dried mix fruits, cream and fresh mayonnaise will simply make you drool. To prepare this healthy salad recipe you should only use freshly chopped vegetables.
Beans, sweet potatoes, sweet corn are some of the veggies which are used to make this Ramadan recipe all the more delightful.
Here is how you prepare this delicious salad recipe, take a look:
Preparation Time: 18 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients For Salad:
- White Kidney Beans - 200 gm
- Red Kidney Beans - 100 gm
- Green Beans - 100 gm (boiled)
- Sweet Corn - ½ cup
- Potatoes - 1 (chopped and boiled)
- Carrot 1 - (chopped)
- Mix Fruit - 200 gm
- Cooking soda - 1 tbsp
Ingredients For Cream Sauce:
- Cream - ½ cup
- Mayonnaise - ½ cup
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- White Pepper Powder - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
Procedure For Cream Sauce:
Add cream, mayonnaise, sugar, white pepper powder and salt in a bowl. Mix these ingredients well and keep it aside.
Procedure For Salad:
- You first need to soak the white and red kidney beans in water. Add a little cooking soda to the water. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Add these beans in a pan & add water & boil it for 10 minutes. When done discard the water.
- In a mixing bowl add boiled beans (red and white), green beans, sweet corns, potato, carrot, and fruits. Mix all of these ingredients well.
- When the contents are made into one, add the cream sauce over the boiled beans and mix well.
- Your healthy corn and beans salad recipe is ready.
This corn and beans salad recipe for Ramadan contains a lot of vegetables rich in energy and protein. It is the best option to have when on a fast.
This salad tastes good when eaten cold.