- 10 hrs ago Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- 12 hrs ago Daughters Day 2019: 7 Ways How A Liberal Upbringing Can Help Daughters To Become Strong Women
- 12 hrs ago Navratri 2019: Messages & Greetings To Send To Your Loved Ones
- 13 hrs ago Saif Ali Khan And Soha Ali Khan Inspire Us To Wear Understated Outfits This Durga Puja
- News SAIL Jobs: SAIL recruitment 2019 notification download for 463 openings; Direct link to apply online
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale: Best Smartphones Priced Under Rs. 3,999
- Automobiles Gaurav Gill Involved In An Accident During The INRC At Jodhpur: Three Dead Including A Minor
- Movies Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Are ECSTATIC About Gully Boy’s Oscar Entry; 'Making A Mark On World Stage'
- Sports PKL 2019: Clinical UP Yoddha end Tamil Thalaivas' playoff chances
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Onam has started and Kerala is decked up and in a complete festive mood. This year the festival is from 1 September to 13 September. The most important part of Onam is the delicious Sadya which famous in almost all the regions of India. The Onam Sadya is nothing but the grand vegetarian meal which is prepared on the day of Onam and served on banana leaves.
There are a number of items which are served on the Sadya. One of them is a special ginger pickle called Inji puli. This pickle is prepared with a lot of ginger, tamarind and jaggery. The sweet and sour taste of the pickle and aroma of ginger makes it hard to resist.
So, here is the Onam special recipe of Inji puli straight from the backwaters of Kerala. Do give it a try.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Ginger- 3/4 cup (skin peeled and finely chopped)
- Green chillies - 7 (finely chopped)
- Fenugreek seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Tamarind - gooseberry sized ball
- Jaggery syrup - 1 1/2 tbsp(optional)
- Salt - as per taste
1. Soak the tamarind in 3/4 cup of warm water and keep it aside.
2. Dry roast the fenugreek and then grind it into a fine powder and keep it aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chillies. Allow them to splutter.
4. Then add the chopped ginger and green chillies. Fry till they turn brown.
5. Filter the tamarind water and add it to the pan and mix well.
6. Simmer the contents on low flame for 5-6 minutes till it becomes thick.
7. Then add the jaggery water and boil for another 3-4 minutes.
8. Finally, add the roasted fenugreek powder and cook for another 2 minutes.
9. Switch off the flame and serve.
Inji puli, Kerala special delight is ready to be served. You can store it in a bottle and keep it refrigerated for 2-3 weeks.