- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 08 May 2021
- 10 hrs ago Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Surprising Benefits Of Gold For Your Health And Beauty
- 15 hrs ago Flashback Friday: When Lady Diana Wore Yellow Overalls And How The Outfit Was Reimagined In The Crown
- 15 hrs ago Mother’s Day 2021: Reasons Why Mothers Are So Special
- Movies Veteran Singer G Anand Dies Due To COVID-19
- News Chandrababu Naidu booked for spreading falsehood on virus
- Technology Want To Win Bose Soundbar? Check Out Amazon Quiz Contest Answers For May 8, 2021
- Education Karnataka Lockdown News: Schools To Remain Shut Till June 14 For Summer Vacation, SSCL Exams On Schedule
- Finance How To Activate/Change Post Office Debit Card Green PIN Online?
- Sports Nadal: Zverev defeat very difficult to understand
- Automobiles 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace Facelift Teaser Image Revealed
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Onam has started and Kerala is decked up and in a complete festive mood. This year the festival is from 1 September to 13 September. The most important part of Onam is the delicious Sadya which famous in almost all the regions of India. The Onam Sadya is nothing but the grand vegetarian meal which is prepared on the day of Onam and served on banana leaves.
There are a number of items which are served on the Sadya. One of them is a special ginger pickle called Inji puli. This pickle is prepared with a lot of ginger, tamarind and jaggery. The sweet and sour taste of the pickle and aroma of ginger makes it hard to resist.
So, here is the Onam special recipe of Inji puli straight from the backwaters of Kerala. Do give it a try.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Ginger- 3/4 cup (skin peeled and finely chopped)
- Green chillies - 7 (finely chopped)
- Fenugreek seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Tamarind - gooseberry sized ball
- Jaggery syrup - 1 1/2 tbsp(optional)
- Salt - as per taste
- Oil - 4tbsp
- Mustard Seeds - 3/4 tsp
- Curry leaves - a sprig
- Red chillies - 2 (broken)
1. Soak the tamarind in 3/4 cup of warm water and keep it aside.
2. Dry roast the fenugreek and then grind it into a fine powder and keep it aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chillies. Allow them to splutter.
4. Then add the chopped ginger and green chillies. Fry till they turn brown.
5. Filter the tamarind water and add it to the pan and mix well.
6. Simmer the contents on low flame for 5-6 minutes till it becomes thick.
7. Then add the jaggery water and boil for another 3-4 minutes.
8. Finally, add the roasted fenugreek powder and cook for another 2 minutes.
9. Switch off the flame and serve.
Inji puli, Kerala special delight is ready to be served. You can store it in a bottle and keep it refrigerated for 2-3 weeks.