- 1 hr ago What Is Bipolar Disorder? Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Treatments And Prevention
- 14 hrs ago Global Citizen Festival 2021: Billie Eilish, Coldplay, Jennifer Lopez, Ed Sheeran, Elton John To Perform
- 18 hrs ago Attending A Wedding Soon? Vidya Balan And Genelia Deshmukh Have Red Saree Goals For You!
- 19 hrs ago Importance Of Breakfast For Teenagers, What Parents Should Know And Easy Recipes
- Movies Splitsvilla 13 Semi-Finale SPOILER: Shivam-Pallak Enter The Finale; Avantika-Piyush Get Eliminated
- Technology Garena Free Fire Redeem Codes For September 25; Get Netherworld Troop’s Blade And More
- News President Joe Biden feels India should have permanent membership in UNSC: MEA
- Finance CBDT: Gross Direct Tax Collections Spiked By 47% For The Financial Year FY 2021-22
- Sports Why did De Villiers pick RCB over Manchester United and Chinnaswamy over Supersport Park? Check out!
- Education QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2022 Released, Explore Top 10 Universities
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 1
- Automobiles Ford To Announce Settlement Packages For Its Employees; Plan To Shut Chennai Plant By 2022
Whenever you are talking about the state of 'Hyderabad', you not only talk about the 'Char Minar' or the 'Hyderabad Pearls' but also about the 'Nawabi' style cuisine that has won several hearts.
How can you forget the Hyderabadi biryani? You can have biryani in different states, but the authentic taste is what you get from Hyderabad, which is unmatched.
The vegetarians ones need not be disappointed reading this, as there are several authentic Hyderabadi veg recipes as well that are a hit in most places. Have you heard of the famous dahi bhindi masala recipe?
Well, if not, we suggest you prepare this once. It will surely leave everyone asking for more. Read below to know about the complete list of ingredients required and the procedure to follow.
Serves - 4
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
1. Bhindi (okra) - ½ kilo (cut into small pieces)
2. Onion - 2 (large and finely chopped)
3. Oil - 1½ tbsp
4. Tomatoes - 2 (finely chopped)
5. Ginger - ½ tsp (finely chopped)
6. Garlic paste - ½ tsp
7. Urad dal - 1 tsp
8. Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
9. Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
10. Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
11. Desiccated coconut - 1½ tsp
12. Garam masala - 1 tsp
13. Curry leaves - 4-5
14. Dry mango powder/Amchur - ½ tsp
15. Cashews - 10 (soaked in milk)
16. Kasoori methi - ½ tbsp (crushed)
17. Coriander powder - 1½ tsp
18. Yogurt - 1 cup
19. Salt to taste
20. Water - 2 cups
21. Asafoetida - a pinch
22. Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
1. Grind milk-soaked cashews with coconuts into a fine paste and keep it aside.
2. Marinate the pieces of Bhindi with salt and keep it aside for at least 30 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the Bhindi pieces until those become crispy. Keep those on a kitchen towel, so that it soaks the extra oil.
4. Again, pour oil into the pan and temper with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry chilli, urad dal and curry leaves. Stir to make it turn a little brown in shade.
5. Add onions and ginger, and fry them until they become soft. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, kasoori methi, amchur powder, garlic paste and garam masala powder into the pan and fry well.
6. Add tomatoes into the spices and mix well again. Now, add the cashew and coconut paste and beaten yogurt into the pan.
7. Add the Bhindi pieces and mix well, so that they get coated well with the spices. Now, add water and cover the pan and let it boil for a few minutes.
8. Check the consistency of the curry. Add less of water if you want it to be a little thick. In case you want it runny, add water and salt accordingly.
Your Hyderabadi Dahi Bhindi Masala recipe is ready to be served. Serve it hot on a serving bowl.