- 12 min ago Sonam Kapoor, Sanjana Sanghi And Hina Khan Flaunt Their Belted Dresses And Now It’s Your Turn!
- 37 min ago The Ideal Weight For Indians Increased By 5 Kg: Says A New Survey
- 1 hr ago Extremely Simple And Effective Ways To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Hair Growth
- 1 hr ago Virgo Transit In Leo 2020: Effects On Different Zodiac Signs
- Sports IPL 2020: Gill wants to learn more from Morgan
- Movies How Is Ranbir Kapoor In Real Life? People Share Their Experiences Of Meeting The Actor In Person
- Automobiles BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe India Launch Timeline Revealed: To Rival Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- Finance New Motor Vehicles Act Rules Effective From 1 October
- Education JEE Advanced Answer Key 2020: How To Download IIT JEE Advanced 2020 Answer Key
- News Contraband of 750 MDMA tablets from Netherlands seized by NCB at Bangalore, Four arrested
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In October 2020
- Technology Asus ROG Zephyrus Duo 15 Launched In India: Do We Need Dual Screen Gaming Laptops?
Whenever you are talking about the state of 'Hyderabad', you not only talk about the 'Char Minar' or the 'Hyderabad Pearls' but also about the 'Nawabi' style cuisine that has won several hearts.
How can you forget the Hyderabadi biryani? You can have biryani in different states, but the authentic taste is what you get from Hyderabad, which is unmatched.
The vegetarians ones need not be disappointed reading this, as there are several authentic Hyderabadi veg recipes as well that are a hit in most places. Have you heard of the famous dahi bhindi masala recipe?
Well, if not, we suggest you prepare this once. It will surely leave everyone asking for more. Read below to know about the complete list of ingredients required and the procedure to follow.
Serves - 4
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
1. Bhindi (okra) - ½ kilo (cut into small pieces)
2. Onion - 2 (large and finely chopped)
3. Oil - 1½ tbsp
4. Tomatoes - 2 (finely chopped)
5. Ginger - ½ tsp (finely chopped)
6. Garlic paste - ½ tsp
7. Urad dal - 1 tsp
8. Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
9. Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
10. Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
11. Desiccated coconut - 1½ tsp
12. Garam masala - 1 tsp
13. Curry leaves - 4-5
14. Dry mango powder/Amchur - ½ tsp
15. Cashews - 10 (soaked in milk)
16. Kasoori methi - ½ tbsp (crushed)
17. Coriander powder - 1½ tsp
18. Yogurt - 1 cup
19. Salt to taste
20. Water - 2 cups
21. Asafoetida - a pinch
22. Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
1. Grind milk-soaked cashews with coconuts into a fine paste and keep it aside.
2. Marinate the pieces of Bhindi with salt and keep it aside for at least 30 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the Bhindi pieces until those become crispy. Keep those on a kitchen towel, so that it soaks the extra oil.
4. Again, pour oil into the pan and temper with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry chilli, urad dal and curry leaves. Stir to make it turn a little brown in shade.
5. Add onions and ginger, and fry them until they become soft. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, kasoori methi, amchur powder, garlic paste and garam masala powder into the pan and fry well.
6. Add tomatoes into the spices and mix well again. Now, add the cashew and coconut paste and beaten yogurt into the pan.
7. Add the Bhindi pieces and mix well, so that they get coated well with the spices. Now, add water and cover the pan and let it boil for a few minutes.
8. Check the consistency of the curry. Add less of water if you want it to be a little thick. In case you want it runny, add water and salt accordingly.
Your Hyderabadi Dahi Bhindi Masala recipe is ready to be served. Serve it hot on a serving bowl.