- Finance Rule Change In GST To Mitigate ITC Misuse
- Sports Manu Bhaker wins gold in World Cup Finals
- Movies Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Celebrates Dad's Birth Anniversary With A Heartfelt Note & 'Day Of Smiles'
- News Delhi’s air quality ‘very poor', to worsen further over next 2 days
- Technology Upcoming Nokia Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- Automobiles Spy Pics: Tata Tiago Facelift Spotted Testing Ahead Of Next Year Launch, Features Larger Grille
- Travel 8 Exhilarating Water Adventures In India For Couples
- Education Why World Children's Day Is Celebrated On November 20?
Whenever you are talking about the state of 'Hyderabad', you not only talk about the 'Char Minar' or the 'Hyderabad Pearls' but also about the 'Nawabi' style cuisine that has won several hearts.
How can you forget the Hyderabadi biryani? You can have biryani in different states, but the authentic taste is what you get from Hyderabad, which is unmatched.
The vegetarians ones need not be disappointed reading this, as there are several authentic Hyderabadi veg recipes as well that are a hit in most places. Have you heard of the famous dahi bhindi masala recipe?
Well, if not, we suggest you prepare this once. It will surely leave everyone asking for more. Read below to know about the complete list of ingredients required and the procedure to follow.
Serves - 4
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 30 minutes
1. Bhindi (okra) - ½ kilo (cut into small pieces)
2. Onion - 2 (large and finely chopped)
3. Oil - 1½ tbsp
4. Tomatoes - 2 (finely chopped)
5. Ginger - ½ tsp (finely chopped)
6. Garlic paste - ½ tsp
7. Urad dal - 1 tsp
8. Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
9. Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
10. Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
11. Desiccated coconut - 1½ tsp
12. Garam masala - 1 tsp
13. Curry leaves - 4-5
14. Dry mango powder/Amchur - ½ tsp
15. Cashews - 10 (soaked in milk)
16. Kasoori methi - ½ tbsp (crushed)
17. Coriander powder - 1½ tsp
18. Yogurt - 1 cup
19. Salt to taste
20. Water - 2 cups
21. Asafoetida - a pinch
22. Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
1. Grind milk-soaked cashews with coconuts into a fine paste and keep it aside.
2. Marinate the pieces of Bhindi with salt and keep it aside for at least 30 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the Bhindi pieces until those become crispy. Keep those on a kitchen towel, so that it soaks the extra oil.
4. Again, pour oil into the pan and temper with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry chilli, urad dal and curry leaves. Stir to make it turn a little brown in shade.
5. Add onions and ginger, and fry them until they become soft. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, kasoori methi, amchur powder, garlic paste and garam masala powder into the pan and fry well.
6. Add tomatoes into the spices and mix well again. Now, add the cashew and coconut paste and beaten yogurt into the pan.
7. Add the Bhindi pieces and mix well, so that they get coated well with the spices. Now, add water and cover the pan and let it boil for a few minutes.
8. Check the consistency of the curry. Add less of water if you want it to be a little thick. In case you want it runny, add water and salt accordingly.
Your Hyderabadi Dahi Bhindi Masala recipe is ready to be served. Serve it hot on a serving bowl.