- 10 min ago Designer Neeta Lulla Shares Interesting Details About Sridevi’s Costumes In A Movie On Her Instagram
- 1 hr ago Happy Birthday Urvashi Dholakia: Her Stylish Looks As Komolika From Kasautii Zindagii Kay
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 09 July 2020
- 13 hrs ago National Cleft And Craniofacial Awareness and Prevention Month: What Is Cleft Lip And Palate?
- Movies Ranbir Kapoor Gives A Hug To Mom Neetu At Her Birthday Dinner, Karan Johar Joins The Celebrations
- Sports Suarez surpasses Kubala, Espanyol relegated
- Automobiles Skoda Kamiq Snapped Testing Once Again In India: Here's Everything You Need To Know
- Finance Tejas Networks Locked In 5% Upper Circuit On Share Purchase By Kedia Securities
- News Heavy rains in Uttarakhand trigger landslides, IMD predicts heavy to very heavy rains
- Technology List Of Upcoming Budget 5G Smartphones In India
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
Post pregnancy the body feels tired and weary. It is important for women to consume healthy food and most of all it is essential to opt for foods which will increase breast milk. Today, there are a lot of women who face the problem of less breast milk after pregnancy. Though doctors suggest medical remedies, it is much safer to go in for natural cures.
Rusks, wheat bread, milk are some of the home remedies to help increase breast milk post delivery. Since milk is an important ingredient for women to consume , here is a simple rice recipe one can prepare to increase breast milk. This milk rice recipe is also known as kiri bath and it is not that appetising.
However, you can enhance the insipid taste with a few spices like pepper and cinnamon. Adding a teaspoon of sugar too will be helpful. Take a look at this yummy milk rice recipe for women post pregnancy.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 18 minutes
All You Need
- Rice - 500 gms
- Milk - 2 cups
- Water - 2 cups
- Salt To Taste
- Pepper Corns - 4-5
- Sugar - ½ tsp
- Wash the rice well. Add a little warm water to the rice and store it aside.
- In a round pot, add water and salt and allow it to boil over a low flame.
- Now add the rice and cover the pot with a lid.
- Cook the rice for 10 minutes until it feels soft and plump. Also make sure the water is completely absorbed.
- Pour the milk in slowly and use a spoon to stir it into the rice. (lower the flame to the minimum so that the texture comes out right)
- Let the rice and milk for ten minutes.
- Add in the pepper corns and sugar. Mix well.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Let it cool for about five minutes before serving.
Milk rice is the best to consume post delivery. It increases breast milk and also helps you to lose weight post pregnancy.
You can also cook the rice in a rice cooker. When it's finished cooking, transfer it to a pot before adding the milk.