- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 12: Contestant Uses Three Lifelines For Rs 40,000 Question, Quits The Game!
- News NASA confirms presence of water on sunlit surface of moon
- Sports Kind of toughness Mandeep has shown has rubbed on to others: KXIP skipper KL Rahul
- Finance How To Open Atal Pension Yojana Account Without Net Banking Or Mobile App?
- Automobiles New Ducati Multistrada 950 S India Launch Date Announced: Pre-Bookings Open For Rs 1 Lakh
- Technology Amazon.in Great Indian Festival Sale 2020: ‘Happiness Upgrade Days’ Offers On All Products
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
Post pregnancy the body feels tired and weary. It is important for women to consume healthy food and most of all it is essential to opt for foods which will increase breast milk. Today, there are a lot of women who face the problem of less breast milk after pregnancy. Though doctors suggest medical remedies, it is much safer to go in for natural cures.
Rusks, wheat bread, milk are some of the home remedies to help increase breast milk post delivery. Since milk is an important ingredient for women to consume , here is a simple rice recipe one can prepare to increase breast milk. This milk rice recipe is also known as kiri bath and it is not that appetising.
However, you can enhance the insipid taste with a few spices like pepper and cinnamon. Adding a teaspoon of sugar too will be helpful. Take a look at this yummy milk rice recipe for women post pregnancy.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 18 minutes
All You Need
- Rice - 500 gms
- Milk - 2 cups
- Water - 2 cups
- Salt To Taste
- Pepper Corns - 4-5
- Sugar - ½ tsp
- Wash the rice well. Add a little warm water to the rice and store it aside.
- In a round pot, add water and salt and allow it to boil over a low flame.
- Now add the rice and cover the pot with a lid.
- Cook the rice for 10 minutes until it feels soft and plump. Also make sure the water is completely absorbed.
- Pour the milk in slowly and use a spoon to stir it into the rice. (lower the flame to the minimum so that the texture comes out right)
- Let the rice and milk for ten minutes.
- Add in the pepper corns and sugar. Mix well.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Let it cool for about five minutes before serving.
Milk rice is the best to consume post delivery. It increases breast milk and also helps you to lose weight post pregnancy.
You can also cook the rice in a rice cooker. When it's finished cooking, transfer it to a pot before adding the milk.