- News Mass looting in Chicago: 100 arrested, 13 officers injured
- Movies Drishyam 2: The Mohanlal Starrer Goes Through Minor Script Changes!
- Sports Bouchard back with a win before storm halts Prague proceedings
- Technology Airtel Launches 4G High-Speed Services In Andaman And Nicobar
- Finance ICICI Bank Sets QIP Issue Floor Price At Rs 351 Per Share
- Automobiles Tata Motors Introduces Health And Hygiene Accessories For Its Customers
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Masala ghee rice is one of the best dishes in the rice section. The two advantages of this yummy rice dish is : You can enjoy it the way it is or you can add a special touch by adding soy cubes. No matter what, this yummy vegetarian rice item will make your tongue swirl with joy. Moreover, the added spices like bay leaf and cumin only make this dish a lot better to consume.
This masala ghee rice is also simple to prepare. If you want to make this delicious recipe, here is the recipe.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
All You Need
- Ghee- 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds- 1tsp
- Bay Leaf- 3
- Cashew Nuts - 3 tbsp (chopped)
- Curry Leaves- 4 - 5
- Green Peas - ½ cup
- Onion - 2 (chopped)
- Green Chilli- 3 (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric- 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1tsp
- Rice - 1 ½ (2cups)
- In a pan, pour a little ghee. Wait for the ghee to get hot. When ready, drop in the cumin seeds. Allow them to splutter a bit and then add in the bay leaf, cashew nuts and curry leaves. Fry these ingredients well over a medium flame.
- To this pan, add in the fresh green peas, followed by chopped onions and green chillies.
- Now add to the ingredients the salt to taste and turmeric too. Stir fry these ingredients well.
- Add to the pan chilli powder. Give it a good mix and then add the fresh boiled rice to the pan.
- Stir the rice well with the existing ingredients that is in the pan. Make sure that the masala covers the white boiled rice well.
This dish contains cashew nuts. This nut is one of the healthiest to consume as it helps to keep your pressure in track, keeps your bones healthy and above all aids in weight loss.
Pressure cook your white rice only for 4 whistles.