- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu And Kashmir In November
- Technology OnePlus Nord N10, Nord N100 Announced: Price, Specs And More
- News PM Modi on 2-day Gujarat trip from Oct 30; to visit Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel statue
- Sports IPL 2020: Chris Gayle provides the spark to KXIP innings
- Education NEET Counselling Registration 2020: Check MCC NEET UG 2020 Registration Link
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 12: Contestant Uses Three Lifelines For Rs 40,000 Question, Quits The Game!
- Finance How To Open Atal Pension Yojana Account Without Net Banking Or Mobile App?
- Automobiles New Ducati Multistrada 950 S India Launch Date Announced: Pre-Bookings Open For Rs 1 Lakh
Channa bhatura is a famous North-Indian food. When we think about North-Indian, especially Punjabi food, Channa Bhatura (also known as Chola bhatura) comes to our mind. It is made in the street stalls and in the kitchen too. Channa bhatura is a fried dish that can be really tasty but heavy on the stomach. As the bhatura is fried in oil, you always know that you are adding more to your cholesterol levels. You eat thinking there is no other method to cook bhatura in the healthy way. Let me tell you, bhatura can be made tasty and healthy by baking it.
The Indian bread can be baked and enjoyed in the same way. Here is the healthy recipe to make baked bhatura for lunch or dinner.
Baked bhatura, Indian bread recipe:
Serves: 3-4 (10-12 bhaturas)
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- All purpose flour/maida- 4 cups
- Yeast- 2-3 tbsp
- Yogurt- ½ cup
- Milk- ½ cup
- Salt- 1tsp
- Poppy seeds/posto dana- 1tsp
- Oil- 1tsp
- Coriander leaves- 2tbsp (chopped)
- Onion rings- 1 onion
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- In a large bowl, add yeast and dissolve it in water, salt and yoghurt. Mix with a whisk.
- Now maida, few drops of oil and milk in the bowl and mix well. Knead a soft dough out of it.
- Cover the kneaded dough with a wet muslin cloth. Keep it aside for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, knead the dough again. Make small balls of it.
- Roll the balls into oval shaped bhaturas.
- Grease a baking dish with the oil. Now place the bhaturas in it. Bake for 15 minutes.
Baked bhaturas are ready to eat. Garnish with the coriander leaves and onion rings. Serve it hot with spicy Punjabi chole (channa), onion salad, green chillies and pickle. This baked Indian bread is tasty and you do not need to worry about your health also. Do not hesitate the next time you wish to have bhatura. The taste might be slightly different but it would be healthy for your heart.