- 49 min ago Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas Give Couple Goals As They Play Piano Together In Coordinated Outfits
- 1 hr ago Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose) For Instant Energy, Belly Fat And Respiratory Ailments
- 1 hr ago 11 Years Of Kambakkht Ishq: Kareena Kapoor's Party-Perfect Dresses From The Film!
- 2 hrs ago How To Treat Intertrigo: Safe And Effective Home Remedies
- Finance Indian Investors To Lap Up Dividend Stocks, Assets As Real Rates Turn Negative: Jefferies
- Sports Coronavirus: Goalkeeper Suraj Karkera reveals why stayed back at the SAI campus when everyone left for home
- Movies Bhanumathi And Ramakrishna Review: Rom-Com Receives Positive Response From Critics
- News PM Modi in Ladakh, Rahul Gandhi fires fresh salvo over border standoff
- Technology LG Rollable Smartphone Coming Soon; Competition For Foldables?
- Automobiles 1,200 Vehicles Fined In Noida For Violating COVID-19 Rules & Regulations
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
There are many main course recipes that you can try at home. However, most of the dishes are complicated or require too many ingredients. For main course, you can choose any dish from a cuisine. Indian breads for example is a staple dish that is served in main course. You can either make plain rotis or parathas or try some creativity at home. If you are lazy to prepare roti and sabzi, go for stuffed parathas.
Stuffed parathas are filling and doesn't require any sabji. They can be served with pickle, chutney or just curd. Ajwain and mirchi paratha is a simple Indian bread that can be prepared easily at home.
You can have ajwain paratha if your digestion is weak. This main course dish is best served with pickle, curd or an Indian curry. Lets take a look at the easy to make ajwain and mirchi paratha recipe.
Ajwain and mirchi paratha recipe:
Serves: 12-15 parathas
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Wheat flour- 2 cups
- Ajwain (carom seeds)- 1tbsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tbsp
- Besan- 1tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- 1 cup
- Ghee- 1 cup
- Water- 2 cups
- In a large bowl, add wheat flour, salt, besan, red chilli powder, ajwain and 1tbsp oil. Mix well.
- Pour lukewarm water and knead a soft dough. Keep it aside for 20-30 minutes. Cover with a wet cottton cloth.
- Heat a griddle (tawa). Also melt the ghee on the other side. You can also put the cup on the tawa while heating it. The ghee will melt in few seconds.
- Meanwhile, take the dough and knead again. Now take out equal portions of the dough and make round balls of them.
- Roll each portion into a roti. Spread oil and join it. Roll again into a paratha and put on the tawa.
- Roast the paratha on the two sides and when it turns little brown, spread ghee on each side and roast.
- Repeat the same process with each dough portion.
Ajwain and mirchi paratha is ready to eat. Serve it hot with raita. You can make raita by whisking curd. Add red chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, chopped onions, green chillies, tomatoes and salt in the curd and enjoy the raita. Ajwain or carom seeds is a herbal cure for indigestion and constipation. You can also add a vegetable salad or team this main course dish with mango or mix pickle.