- 1 hr ago Besharam Bewaffa Promotions: Divya Khosla Kumar Gives Winter Fashion Goals In Her Super Cute Sweater Dress
- 4 hrs ago Horoscope 2021: Love And Marriage Astrological Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 02 December 2020
- 16 hrs ago Are Berries Effective In Preventing And Managing Diabetes?
- Movies Rahul Roy Shifted Out Of ICU; Actor's Brother-In-Law Says He Is Out Of Danger
- Sports India vs Australia | Sean Abbot plays his second ODI 6 years after his debut, marks turnaround
- News Will be ready to hit ground running on day 1 with new economic team: Harris
- Automobiles All-New Nissan Magnite Launched In India: Introductory Prices Start At Rs 4.99 Lakh
- Finance Nifty Metal Trades Strong; Posted 25% Gains In November Month
- Technology Samsung Launches New Programs For Customers In India
- Education CAT Answer Key 2020: Check CAT Exam Answer Key 2020 Slot 1, 2 And 3
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
The Tomato Pappu or dal as it is called in the North, is the most basic requirement of vegetarian Andhra cuisine. This dal recipe forms the soul of a meal and is cherished deeply as a symbol of vegetarian Andhra recipes. It is in some sense a normal tomato dal. It is the special South Indian style of cooking that makes it a special dal recipe.
Tomato pappu is a relatively simple dal recipe. It will take about 20 minutes to make this Andhra recipe ready to eat. You can easily prepare withing minutes. This dal recipe can be cooked in two ways. You can either pressure cook the dal and then season it. You can also make Tomato pappu by seasoning the raw dal in the pressure cooker and then cooking it. The seconf method of making tomato pappu will take teh sting out of dry red chillies but it will also be quicker.
- Toor dal- 1 cup
- Onion- 1 (chopped)
- Ginger- 1 inch (chopped)
- Green chillies- 3 (slit)
- Tomatoes- 2 (chopped)
- Turmeric powder- ½tsp
- Oil- 2tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Dry red chillies- 2
- Mustard- 1tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Garlic- 4 cloves (minced)
- Asfoetida or hing- 1pinch
- Ghee- 1tbsp
1. Pressure cook the dal for a duration of 3 whistles on medium flame.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds to it. When the seeds pop, add cumin, asfoetida, garlic and dry red chillies.
3. Once they sprinkle, add onions to it. Saute the onions till they turn golden.
4. Then add ginger and green chillies. Cook for a minute and then add the tomatoes. Sprinkle salt so that the tomatoes melt quickly.
5. Now add a bit of turmeric powder and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Pour the cooked dal into the pan along with a cup of water. Let it bubble for at least 4-5 minutes on low flame.
7. Add a blob of ghee for taste.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve Tomato Pappu with steamed rice and pickle.