- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 07 December 2019
- 14 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- 16 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black Attire At The HT Leadership Summit!
- 16 hrs ago Lakshmi Manchu's Sari Is The Vibrant Wedding Wear You Need For Your Friend's Wedding
- Sports I-League 2019-20: Preview: Punjab FC look for better fortune at home against Quess East Bengal
- Movies Akshay Kumar Used To Play With Young Kareena On The Sets While Working With Karisma
- News Instil fear of law, hang rapists within stipulated time: Mayawati urges govt
- Finance NEFT Transfer From Dec 16 Is 24 Hours A Day, Including Holidays
- Technology Redmi K30 5G To Feature 64MP Sony IMX686 Sensor
- Automobiles KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
Today we have another Ugadi special recipe for you. It is known as the Mor Kuzhambu. It is one of the traditional recipes of South India which is prepared with yogurt.
Mor means buttermilk and kuzhambu means stew. The stew is prepared with buttermilk and a few other spices and ingredients which make this recipe an absolute delight.
The stew doesn't require much time. It is a cooling recipe and keeps your stomach healthy. The tangy flavour of yogurt makes this recipe a delight for your taste-buds.
So, try out the Mor Kuzhambu recipe on Ugadi and have a fabulous treat.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Yogurt- 1 cup
- White pumpkin- 1 cup (chopped)
- Coconut- ½ cup (grated)
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Green chillies- 2 (slit)
- Methi seeds- ¼ tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Water- ½ cup
- Mustard seeds- ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds- ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves- 6-7
- Coriander leaves- 2tbsp (chopped)
- Oil- 1tbsp
1. Grind the grated coconut, green chillies and cumin seeds in a mixer into a fine paste.
2. Take the yogurt in a container and beat it with a spoon till it becomes smooth.
3. Add the methi seeds, water and the ground paste to the yogurt.
4. Heat a deep bottomed pan and pour the yogurt mixture into it.
5. Add the white pumpkin pieces and boil on low heat for 5-6 minutes.
6. Add salt and turmeric powder to it. Cook it for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
7. Switch off the flame and keep it aside.
8. Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and saute for a few seconds.
9. Add this seasoning to the yogurt curry.
10. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Tasty Mor Kuzhambu recipe is ready to be served. You can serve this delicious recipe with steamed rice.