- 1 hr ago LFW W/F 2019 Day Two: Athiya Shetty’s Black And White Sari Is So Modern Retro
- 2 hrs ago LFW W/F 2019 Day 2: Beauty Highlights From The Day
- 7 hrs ago LFW W/F 2019 Day Two: Mrunal Thakur Gives Sangeet Ceremony Goals With Her Understated Attire
- 8 hrs ago 7 Habits That Can Help Couples Have An Exciting Sex Life
- News MUHS jobs: 88 Professor, Tutor, Lecturer and Reader vacancies, MUHS notification download link
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Sanjivani 2 Makes Maiden Entry In Top 5 List; Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai Drops
- Sports KPL 2019: Bijapur Bulls Vs Hubli Tigers: Mathias lands telling blows in Tigers' victory
- Technology NASA Spitzer Telescope Locates First Planet Without Atmosphere Orbiting Red Dwarf
- Automobiles Brand New Jawa Motorcycle Shows Rust On Wheel Rim And Exhaust: Customer Takes To Social Media
- Finance 5 Factors That Caused Mayhem In Indian Markets Today
- Education GPAT 2020 Will Be Held On January 24, Check Important Dates
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Today we have another Ugadi special recipe for you. It is known as the Mor Kuzhambu. It is one of the traditional recipes of South India which is prepared with yogurt.
Mor means buttermilk and kuzhambu means stew. The stew is prepared with buttermilk and a few other spices and ingredients which make this recipe an absolute delight.
The stew doesn't require much time. It is a cooling recipe and keeps your stomach healthy. The tangy flavour of yogurt makes this recipe a delight for your taste-buds.
So, try out the Mor Kuzhambu recipe on Ugadi and have a fabulous treat.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Yogurt- 1 cup
- White pumpkin- 1 cup (chopped)
- Coconut- ½ cup (grated)
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Green chillies- 2 (slit)
- Methi seeds- ¼ tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Water- ½ cup
- Mustard seeds- ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds- ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves- 6-7
- Coriander leaves- 2tbsp (chopped)
- Oil- 1tbsp
1. Grind the grated coconut, green chillies and cumin seeds in a mixer into a fine paste.
2. Take the yogurt in a container and beat it with a spoon till it becomes smooth.
3. Add the methi seeds, water and the ground paste to the yogurt.
4. Heat a deep bottomed pan and pour the yogurt mixture into it.
5. Add the white pumpkin pieces and boil on low heat for 5-6 minutes.
6. Add salt and turmeric powder to it. Cook it for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
7. Switch off the flame and keep it aside.
8. Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and saute for a few seconds.
9. Add this seasoning to the yogurt curry.
10. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Tasty Mor Kuzhambu recipe is ready to be served. You can serve this delicious recipe with steamed rice.