- 10 min ago How To Get Pink Lips Naturally At Home
- 31 min ago Are You Pregnant? 15 Symptoms To Watch Out For
- 1 hr ago This Bride Flaunting Her Self-Designed Lehenga Is The Best Thing You Will See On The Internet
- 1 hr ago Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal's Marriage Location Revealed And Here Are Designers They Can Consider
- Sports Poster of Mithali Raj biopic 'Shabaash Mithu' released
- Technology Google Working On Its Mobile App To Personalize Business Experience
- Movies Is Alaya F Impressed With Her Jawaani Jaaneman Co-star Saif Ali Khan's Style? Find Out!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Odisha In 2020
- News Cabinet approves raising abortion upper limit to 24 weeks; bill to be tabled in next Parl session
- Finance ICICI Bank Introduces ‘iBox' For Self-Service Delivery Of Debit, Credit Cards, Cheques
- Automobiles Renault Kwid BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.92 Lakh
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Darbari dal is sounds a pretty royal recipe. However, if you are expecting a very complicated dal recipe then you will be pleasantly surprised. Darbari dal is made with the mix of two dals, toor and masoor dal. But it is an incredibly simple dal. Alike all other Indian recipes, Darbari Dal is also rich in spices.
This dal recipe is not only tasty, but is also healthy. Darbari dal has healthy vegetables in it that add to the taste of this Indian recipe. We Indians love to have dal everyday. But having the same type of dal all the time becomes very boring. So you can try this novel dal recipe to give your taste-buds a change. It is also the best way to feed some healthy vegetables to your fussy kids.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Masoor dal- 1/2 cup
- Toor dal- 1/2 cup
- Turmeric- 1/2 tsp
- Onion- 1 (chopped)
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1tsp
- Tomato- 1 (chopped)
- Bottle gourd- 100 grams (peeled and cut into small pieces)
- Pumpkin- 100 grams (peeled and cut into small pieces)
- Green chillies- 3 (chopped)
- Coconut- 1tbsp (grated)
- Cumin seed- 1tsp
- Coriander seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- 1tbsp
- Soak the two dals in water for 30 minutes. Pressure cook the dals with salt, turmeric and 3 cups of water for the duration of 2 whistles.
- Meanwhile chop all the vegetables and spices.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan and season it with cumin, coriander leaves and green chillies.
- Saute onions in the pan for 2-3 minutes on a low flame.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for another 2 minutes on a low flame. Now add bottle gourd and pumpkin pieces to the pan.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes more and then add tomatoes. Sprinkle red chilli powder and garam masala.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and then add the boiled dal with grated coconut. Mix it up and cook for another 5 minutes on a low flame.
- You can add water if required. Add some ghee for flavour in the end.
Serve darbari dal with peas pulao or rotis. Also serve some pickles with it.