- 21 min ago What Does Your Handshake Reveal About Your Personality
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 18 January 2020
- 13 hrs ago What Causes Vitamin B12 Deficiency And How To Treat It
- 14 hrs ago Common Myths And Its Facts About Diabetes
- Finance Yes Bank's Ratings Placed Under Review By Moodys
- News Explained: What is the Behmai massacre
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite India Launch Confirmed For January 21
- Movies Game Of Thrones Spin Off 'House of The Dragon' To Air In 2022
- Sports KL Rahul gets thumbs up from Kuldeep, watches videos of Steve Smith, AB de Villiers
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
dal recipe. Even the obscene amounts of ghee that you pour on Dal Bati does nothing to discourage a real foodie. This Rajasthani recipe is based on the needs of a very rough and dry climate.
A word of warning; This dal recipe is also a perfect example of typically spicy Indian food. The ghee and mirch (dry red chilli) chonk (seasoning) makes this Rajasthani recipe one of the spiciest foods ever. But, when you are making it at home, you can easily modify the spice content to your comfort. Although it is a classic dish, Dal Bati is not really a very complicated recipe. Check it out yourself.
Ingredients For Bati:
- Flour 2 cups
- Fennel seed (saunf) 1 tsp
- Ghee 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
Ingredients For Dal:
- Toor dal (pigeon peas) ½ cup
- Urad dal (black eyed dal) ½ cup
- Moong Dal (green gram dal) 2 tbsp
- Chana dal (Bengal gram dal) 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Dry red chillies 4
- Onions 2 (chopped)
- Tomato 1 (chopped)
- Red chilli powder 1 tbsp
- Ghee 3 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
Procedure To Make Dal Bati:
1. Soak all the dals in water for at least an hour.
2. Knead a soft dough with all the ingredients of the bati. Make small balls out of them.
3. Now cook these balls in a pot of boiling water for 5-7 minutes. Strain the water and cut the balls into halves.
4. Deep fry the bati in piping hot ghee for about 4-5 minutes. When they turn golden brown, strain and keep them aside.
5. Pressure cook all the dals for 2 whistles.
6. In a deep bottomed pan heat ghee. Season it with cumin seeds, red chillies and red chilli powder.
7. Saute the onions in it until they turn golden brown. Then add the tomatoes and sprinkle salt over it.
8. When the tomatoes melt into a pulp, pour the boiled dal into it. Cook for 2 minutes and you are done.
Pouring lots of warm ghee over the bati and dal while devouring it is a must!