- 7 hrs ago Karwa Chauth 2021: Aditi Rao Hydari Will Inspire You To Keep It Simple And Not Deck Up Too Much!
- 10 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Would Make You Want To Up Your Street-Style Wardrobe With Pink Outfits
- 11 hrs ago Dhaakad Promotions: Kangana Ranaut Looks Straight Out From The 60s Era In Her Yellow And Black Plaid Dress
- 12 hrs ago Happy Valmiki Jayanti 2021: Wishes, Messages, Quotes, Images, Facebook And Whatsapp Status
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 October 19 Highlights: Donal Bisht And Vidhi Pandya Get Eliminated From The House
- Technology Google Tensor Processor Powering The Pixel 6 Series Explained
- News Ex-Punjab CM Amarinder Singh to launch his own political party, 'hopeful of seat arrangement' with BJP
- Sports Sindhu should prioritise winning All England title: Padukone
- Finance India's Gold Demand Subdued In 2021, Drivers Of Gold Demand: WGC
- Automobiles Tata Punch Launched: Variant-Wise Features And Price
- Education TS Intermediate 1st Year Hall Ticket 2021 Released At tsbie.cgg.gov.in, Here’s How To Download
- Travel Tamil Nadu's Ten Best Winter Destinations
This afternoon we have a special treat for you to prepare in your kitchen. The yummy tomato and brinjal curry is a must treat if you love this veggie.
Most importantly it is one of the healthiest vegetables on the list. Brinjal and tomato contains special nutritional benefits to keep you healthy.
Rich in iron, fiber and soluble carbohydrates this purple veggie will help to fight cancer, keep diabetes at bay and also cut those calories.
If you have past the age of 30 adding this veggie to your diet will help to keep your heart away from any type of disease too. So, what are you waiting for, take a look at this yummy brinjal and tomato curry recipe.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
All You Need
- Brinjal - 4 (chopped and cut)
- Onion - 1 (chopped)
- Oil - ¼ tsp
- Garlic - 4 - 5 cloves
- Tomatoes - 4 (boiled, chopped)
- Water -1 cup
- Chili powder - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Bay leaf - 1
- Cinnamon - 1
- Turmeric powder -1 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves - chopped
- Peas - ½ cup (boiled)
- After soaking the chopped brinjals in water. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. When hot, add in the chopped onions and the garlic, clove. Fry these ingredients in the oil until they turn a golden brown.
- After 10 minutes or so add in the chopped tomatoes, chopped brinjal cubes, water, chili powder, salt, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, turmeric, cumin powder, garam masala powder and coriander leaves. Now give these ingredients a good mix with a flat spoon.
- Cover and cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- After the time period, remove the lid from the pan and add in the boiled peas. Give these ingredients a good stir and then switch the flame off when the gravy thickens.
As mentioned, brinjal is highly beneficial for health. Tomatoes are equally good for health.
You can prepare this brinjal and tomato recipe with curry or a dry fry.