- 40 min ago Daily Horoscope: 27 May 2020
- 4 hrs ago Is It Safe To Drink Urine?
- 10 hrs ago Smallpox: History, Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 10 hrs ago Can Drinking Water Improve Your Immune System?
- Technology Avail Attractive Discounts On Electronic Gadgets On Amazon
- Movies Pankaj Dheer Aka Karna Takes A Trip Down Memory Lane As Mahabharat Airs On COLORS
- News Hotel quarantine for foreign returnees only for 7 days, can't charge more: Centre to states
- Sports IOA forms panel to name observer for election of its members, also constitutes NE committee
- Finance Jio Platforms Prepares For IPO Outside India
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In June
- Automobiles Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Its Launch
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The season of mangoes is here. From the tangy raw mangoes to the juicy and sweet pulpy ripe ones, you can enjoy the 'king of all fruits' throughout summers. Before the juicy and pulpy mangoes come in the market, it is the raw green mangoes which arrive first.
There are many recipes that are prepared using raw mangoes. Kacha aam ki chutney is one of the most popular side dishes which is prepared using the raw mangoes. Although it has different names in various places, the aam chutney is a sweet and tangy treat for the aam lovers.
Aam ki chutney is a very quick recipe which can be prepared in just 10 minutes. The raw green mangoes can either be grated or cut into medium sized pieces. They are mixed with spices like red chilli powder, ajwain and black sesame seeds. Sugar and salt are added to prepare the lip-smacking side dish. If you want an excuse to prepare a dish using raw green mangoes, then try this recipe.
Aam Ki Chutney: Raw Mangoes Recipe
Serves: 1 small bowl
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1. Raw green mango- 1
2. Red chilli powder- 1tsp
3. Fenugreek seeds- a pinch
4. Cumin seeds- a pinch
5. Mustard seeds- a pinch
6. Bay leaf- 1
7. Turmeric powder- 1tsp
8. Sugar- 12tsp
9. Salt- as per taste
10. Oil- 1tsp
11. Water- ¼ cup
1. Cut the raw mango into medium sized pieces. You can either peel them or simply cut them into pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Season with bay leaf. Add fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
3. Now add the mango slices and then mix well.
4. Add salt, sugar, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and mix well.
5. Pour little water and mix well. Pressure cook for the duration of 1 whistle.
Aam chutney is ready to eat. Serve it with roti or as a side dish with rice and dal. You can also store the chutney in refrigerator for a week.