- 29 min ago Daily Horoscope: 04 March 2021
- 10 hrs ago Roohi Promotions: Rajkummar Rao Looks Dapper As Ever In His Lemon Yellow Kurta Set
- 10 hrs ago Maha Shivratri 2021: Things You Must Not Offer To Lord Shiva On This Day
- 11 hrs ago Vidya Balan’s Chic And Stylish Purple And Red Indo-Western Outfits Will Help You Rock This Wedding Season
- Technology Most Rated Samsung Smartphones On Amazon In India
- Movies Vivian Dsena To Re-Enter Shakti - Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki In A Powerful Cameo Role?
- News TN election: In talks with 'like-minded' parties for alliance, says Kamal Haasan
- Sports India vs England: Pitch looks very similar to last Test: Root
- Automobiles 2021 Renault Triber Changes Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Updates & Feature Additions
- Education Monthly Scholarship Of Rs 7000 For Class 11 And 12 Students
- Finance HDFC Bank Cuts Home Loan Rates By 5bps: Check What Other Banks Are Offering
- Travel Top Summer Holiday Destinations in India
On this auspicious day of Pongal, you should try this healthy and yummy breakfast recipe. Ven Pongal is a famous recipe that a lot of Indians prepare to make this day all the more special. Ven Pongal is loved by elders as it contains rice and lentils, a classic combination of most Indian meals.
This Pongal, make it extra special with this lovely breakfast recipe. It is easy and nutritious as well. Here is the Ven Pongal recipe. Take a look and enjoy this auspicious day.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Rice - 1 cup
- Moong Dal - 1 Cup
- Black Pepper - 1 tbsp
- Zeera Powder - 1 tbsp
- Ginger Paste - 1 tsp
- Dry Ginger - 1tbsp
- Hing - 1 tsp
- Cashew - 250 gms (chopped)
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Water - 6 Cups
- Salt to taste
- To prepare the dish, you first need to wash the rice and the dal together. Drain out all the water from the rice and dal and keep it aside.
- Take a rice cooker and heat a tablespoon of ghee in it over a medium flame. When hot add in the drained rice and dal.
- Mix the rice and dal well with the ghee over a low flame.
- When the ghee settles over the rice and the dal, add in the pepper, jeera powder, ginger paste, dry ginger powder, hing and salt to taste.
- Give the ingredients a good mix as it cooks over the medium flame.
- When it starts to boil a little, add in the water to the mixture. Cover the cooker when the water starts to boil.
- Now pressure cook the ven pongal for 5 whistles over a medium flame.
- After 5 whistles, remove from the stove and switch the flame off.
- After 5 minutes, open the cooker and drop in the chopped cashews.
- Mix the ven pongal gently using a spatula.
Your ven pongal is now ready to eat. Enjoy this dish hot!
Image Courtesy: Twitter