- Movies Bigg Boss 13: Asim Riaz Is Dating Mumbai Model; Does Himanshi Khurana Know This?
- Technology Oppo Find X2 Confirmed To Launch With World's Fastest 65W Super VOOC Charging
- Sports Joshua-Pulev will almost certainly be in UK – Hearn
- News Delhi Elections 2020: EC orders removal of Anurag Thakur, Parvesh Verma as BJP star campaigners
- Automobiles Renault Kwid BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.92 Lakh
- Finance Budget 2020: LTCG Tax On Equity Unlikely To Be Withdrawn
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Dosa is a staple dish in southern states of India. Also known as the Indian pancakes, dosas are immensely popular in other parts of the country. There are many dosa recipes that are prepared using different ingredients. The various flavours of dosa can tempt you every day! In many places, dosa is consumed for breakfast and is served with chutney and sambhar.
Dosa is prepared with the rice batter. Rice is soaked overnight and then grounded into a batter. You can either prepare plain dosa or try some varieties. Did you know? There are more than 80 types of dosa recipes that are available in many food joints. Dosa is filling and healthy too as it is made with rice. Have you tried tomato dosa? It is a delicious and spicy dosa recipe that can be prepared for a filling breakfast. Check out the recipe.
Tomato dosa , breakfast recipe:
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Dosa batter- 2 cups
- Tomatoes- 2
- Green chillies- 3-4
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Ginger paste- 1tsp
- Salt- a pinch
- Oil- ½ cup
- Butter- 2tbsp
- Grind tomatoes, ginger, green chillies and tomatoes and cumin seeds. Add little salt and grind again.
- Add this tomato paste into the dosa batter and mix well.
- Heat a griddle (tawa). Grease with oil and then rub a half onion. Onion prevents the dosa from sticking on the pan.
- Pour a ladle of dosa batter and spread evenly on the tawa (in circular motion). With a spoon, spread little oil around the dosa.
- Once the dosa is cooked, flip it to the other side. Fold the dosa and put on the plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Tomato dosa is ready to eat. Serve it hot with chutney and sambhar.