If your doctor or dietician has asked to go on an Oat meal diet then it is definitely “boring" but it will be surprising for you to know that oats can be used to make some really healthy and tasty Indian dishes. Idlis, Dosa varieties can get even tastier and low in calories with oats, if used in the right proportion. Take a look at how to make some delicious masala idlis with oats.
Masala Idlis With Oats – A Healthy, Low Calorie Breakfast Recipe
- 2 cups Rice
- 3/4 cup Urad Daal (white)
- 1 cup oats
- Salt according to taste
- ' cup bean sprouts
- ' onion
- 2-3 green chilies
- chopped coriander
- ' tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch of salt
How to make masala idlis with oats?
- Soak rice and urad dal in separate bowls for at least 6-8 hours.
- At the time of grinding, soak oats in water and drain immediately.
- Grind the dal, rice mixture with oats into batter.
- Add salt according to taste and leave the batter overnight to ferment well.
- When you plan to make idlis, combine all the masala ingredients in the batter. Stir well.
- Grease the idli plates with little oil.
- Fill the batter in idli plates and pressure cook it for about 10 minutes.
- With the help of a spoon, carefully remove the masala idlis and serve with hot sambar or chutney.
Try the masala idlis (with oats) recipe and do share your opinion through comments.