- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: TRAU continue winning run with 2-1 victory against Churchill Brothers
- Movies Mohanlal's Ram: Prachi Tehlan's Character Is Revealed!
- News SC to hear Special Leave Petition filed by Nirbhaya's killer Pawan Kumar Gupta on Monday
- Technology Reliance Jio Vs Vodafone Vs Airtel: Best Prepaid Plans Under Rs. 450
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
The traditional South Indian breakfast consists of the puffy white idli, vada and sambar. In every South Indian household, one of these dishes is a must. The idli which is made from rice flour is said to be healthy as it contains starch which is good for the human body. The fluffy idli is easy to prepare and most women of today prepare this dish in about 10 minutes.
This masala idli recipe is tasty and healthy as it consists of nutritious vegetables which make your tummy full. Here is the recipe for the famous masala idli recipe.
Serves: 4 persons
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Left over idlis - 8
- Green chilies - 2 (slit)
- Ginger- 1 (grated)
- Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomato - 1 (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves - finely chopped
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Saunf/fennel seeds powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder- a pinch (optional)
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tbsp (optional)
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds -1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 12-15
- Heat oil in a cooking vessel, add the mustard seeds and let them fry well. Add the curry leaves and saute for 4 minutes.
- Add the green chilies and ginger. Fry well.
- Add the chopped onions and saute on a medium flame for 4 minutes more. Add the turmeric powder, red chili, coriander powder, saunf and garam masala powder and mix well until cooked.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and saute for 5 minutes till the oil separates. Add the crumbled idlis and mix continuously so that the masala is absorbed evenly. Stir for 2 minutes more.
- Add the lemon juice and mix. Turn off the flame.
Garnish with the chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with green chutney.