Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Skipping the most important meal can spoil your health to a greater extent. Working professionals find it difficult to have a filling breakfast during their hectic schedule. Sandwich, omelette and cereals are common breakfast ideas. If you love to have vegetable sandwich, here is a simple sandwich recipe for you to prepare for breakfast. Capsicum sandwich is a filling and healthy breakfast recipe that can be made within 20 minutes. You not only have sandwich, the most popular breakfast but, also have green vegetable.
Capsicum sandwich recipe:
- Capsicum- 1
- Onion- 1
- Green chillies- 2
- Bread slices- 4-8
- Black pepper- 1 tsp
- Cheese slices- 2-3
Directions to make capsicum sandwich:
· Chop capsicum and onion finely. Make sure they are extremely chopped.
· Cut the corners of the bread slices.
· Now, grease butter on both the sides of the bread slices. Put the chopped vegetables on the bread.
· Place the cheese slices over the vegetables. Sprinkle salt and black pepper.
· Heat a tawa and fry the bread slices with little butter. Cook till the pieces turn brown.
Capsicum sandwich is ready to eat. Garnish with cabbage leaves to make it presentable. Serve this healthy sandwich hot with tomato ketchup or chilli sauce and wafers. If you are a non vegetarian, you can add omelette or scrambles eggs with vegetables. You can also make this recipe by frying vegetables in oil. Use the cooked vegetables as a stuffing and toast it in a toaster. Cheese fans can add mayonnaise to make it more amazing!
Prefer brown bread if you are on diet. Brown bread digests easily and is low in calories. When compared to white bread, brown bread is made with wheat or other whole grains. Whereas white bread is made with maida (all purpose flour) that is unhealthy.