- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope: 03 December 2020
- 11 hrs ago Nushrat Bharucha Exudes Eco-Friendly And Boss Lady Vibes In Her Green Pantsuit And We Loved It!
- 12 hrs ago Try This Easy-To-Make Raj Kachori Recipe
- 12 hrs ago Gauahar Khan And Zaid Darbar Flaunt Ethnic Outfits As Gauahar Announces Her Wedding Date
- News No outside person allowed to interfere in India's internal issues, says farmer leader
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 December 2 Highlights: Jasmin Is Devastated As Aly Exits House; Kavita Walks Out Leaving Everyone Shocked
- Education Career Point Star Scholarship 2020: Check Registration And Exam Pattern
- Sports India vs Australia: Switch-hit is within laws, part of game's evolution: Maxwell
- Finance Nearly 40 Small And Midcap Stock Ideas To Create Wealth In The Long Term
- Technology Excitel Revises Broadband Plans; Offering High Speed At Rs. 50
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
- Automobiles Hyundai Kona Electric SUV Recalled In India: Possible Electrical Deficiency In High-Voltage BMS
Idlis are a favourite food and more like a staple food for South Indians. In most of the houses, idli is the most preferred breakfast recipe. While making idli is a common breakfast recipe, making soft idlis can be a challenge. In most of the houses, it's a big task to make soft idlis for the ladies.
Well, today in Boldsky we shall share with you tips on how to make soft idlis. Adding the correct measurment to make the idli batter is a very important step. If you want to make soft idlis, every single step is important and should be kept in mind well. Right from soaking the urad dal to adding salt to the batter.
If you want to make soft idlis, it is best to grind the mixture in a grinder than in a mixy. The main advantage of using the grinder is that the idli becomes more soft and the quantity of the batter increases eventually.
So, let's learn how to prepare soft idlis by having a look at the procedure for the batter preparation.
Serves - 4
Preparation time - 10 minutes
Cooking time - 15 minutes
Urad Dal - 2 cups
Idli Rava - 4 cups
Beaten Rice - 1/2 cup
Step 1 - Take a big bowl and add 2 cups of urad dal to it. Add water so that the entire dal gets soaked in it. Keep it aside for 5 to 6 hours. In another small bowl, add beaten rice and soak it in water.
Step 2 - After 6 hours, drain the water that is left in the bowl containing urad dal.
Step 3 - Take 4 cups of idli rava and neatly wash it. Then soak the idli rava in hot water for 5 to 10 minutes.
Step 4- Grind the urad dal.
Step 5- Make sure it turns to a fine paste.
Step 6 - Now, add the beaten rice to the grinder and grind it for 10 minutes.
Step 7- Once you have finished grinding the urad dal, transfer this mixture to a big bowl/besan.
Step 8- Now, add the soaked idli rava to the urad dal to make the batter.
Step 9- Add water accordingly. But make sure to maintain the consistency of the batter.
Step 10- Mix them well and leave it overnight.
Step 11- Next day morning when you prepare the idli, add salt to the batter and mix it well.
Step 12- Now, take the idli plate and add one drop oil on each of it.
Step 13- Pour the batter on to the idli plate one by one.
Step 14- Steam the idli for 15 minutes.
Now, the hot, soft and fluffy idli is ready to be served. Serve it hot with coconut chutney or sambar, or you could even add a little ghee to it to enhance the taste. It tastes just the best!
Try this tip on how to make soft idlis and give us your feedback.