- 10 hrs ago Do You Often Pick The Skin Around Nails? You May Have Excoriation Or Skin Picking Disorder?
- 11 hrs ago Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022: Huge Discount On Home Appliances
- 15 hrs ago Wall Paint - Distemper Or Emulsion? 5-Point Comparative Guide By Expert
- 16 hrs ago Former New York Post Editor Alleges Harassment At Workplace And Retaliation By Senior
- Technology Samsung Republic Fest Sale 2022: Best Deals On Top Selling Samsung Smartphones
- News Websites, YouTube channels spreading lies, conspiring against India will be blocked: Minister Thakur
- Sports India vs South Africa 1st ODI 2022: Player of The Match, Post Match Presentation, Scorecard, Records and Stats
- Finance 3 Debt Free Chemical Stocks In India With M-Cap Over Rs. 10,000 Crore To Add To Your Watchlist
- Education UPPSC PCS Main Combined/USS Exam Deferred Owing To COVID, To Be Held From March 23 Onwards
- Movies French Actor Gaspard Ulliel Of Moon Knight Fame Passes Away At 37 After Ski Accident
- Automobiles Tata Tiago And Tata Tigor Top Variants Updated: New Features And Colours Added
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Assam In Winter Of 2022
If you want to master the art of making roties then these tricks might be useful to you.
How To Make Perfect Roties?
1. Firstly the ingredients to knead the dough for roties are coarse flour (atta), pinch of salt, oil or ghee and water to mix it.
2. For 2 portions of flour you need about one portion of water to get the consistency of the dough right. The oil is a nice way to soften up the roties in this flat bread recipe but actually it is an optional ingredient. Don't use it if you want low fat roties.
3. To knead the dough is the most difficult part of this business of making roties. If the dough is not right all the skill you use to roll out the roties will be wasted. The right consistency of the dough for Indian bread is like molded clay. If you poke it it should leave a smooth depression without cracking.
4. The oil or ghee (clarified butter) in the dough makes the roties soft but too much of it will break it up while rolling the breads. So add just 1 teaspoon to 2 cups of flour and increase or decrease accordingly.
5. After your dough is ready make a long cylindrical snake like formation out of it. Now tear handfuls from this flour snake and mold them into round balls. You make all the balls (that will turn into flat breads) at once.
6. Now flatten them with your palm on the rolling surface. Dust some flour on it so that it does not get stuck to the surface while rolling. Roll the roties into rounds.
7. First, roll it in one direction (vertically) and then, turn it around (horizontally) to adjust the shape into a perfect circle. Do not apply too much pressure or else the flat bread will tear.
8. Heat a flat pan (tawa) on the flame and slap the rolled roti on it. When you see bubbles on it turn it around with a help of tweezers.
9. When both sides have been toasted on the dry pan you need to toast the roti directly on the flame. Most people use a wire strung pan for it so that the roti doesn't burn. The trick is to keep it just for a few seconds and pick it up.
Use the cooking tips to make roties and always serve them hot.
- tips tricksNatural Food Colours For Cooking
- tips tricksKitchen Tips and Tricks For You
- vegetarianCooking Tips To Make Gravy Tasty
- vegetarianHow To Choose The Right Pasta?
- dessertsCooking Tips To Make Pancakes Fluffy!
- vegetarianHow To Make Yogurt At Home
- vegetarianIs Your Dish Too Salty? Try These Cooking Tips
- vegetarianTips To Cut Onions Without Getting Tears!
- non vegetarianFantastic 5 Ways To Use Eggs
- non vegetarianHow To Grill Tender Chicken Steaks?
- vegetarianEasy Tips To Cook Mushrooms!
- vegetarianHow To Make Popcorn From Corn?