- 1 hr ago World Hypertension Day (17 May): Is Blood Pressure And Diabetes Related?
- 3 hrs ago Free Oxygen Here! Life-Saving Initiative Of Maharaja Agrasen Hospital In Association With Greenwood High
- 8 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 14 May 2021
- 14 hrs ago Ivermectin For COVID-19 Treatment: Goa Recommends Ivermectin; WHO Warns Against Use
- Technology OnePlus Watch Cobalt Edition With SpO2 Monitor Launched; Price Set At Rs. 18,250
- Movies Eid 2021: Mahesh Babu, Chiranjeevi, Jr NTR And Other Tollywood Celebs Extend Greetings
- News Akshay Tritiya 2021: Happy Akha Teej Wishes, Quotes, Messages For Friends, Family, WhatsApp Status
- Finance UPL Shares Soar 7% As Net Profits Jump 72%
- Sports Three things Jurgen Klopp needs to learn from Liverpool's failed title defence
- Education VMware Doubles Its Wellbeing Allowance To Nearly 60,000 INR For Employees In India
- Automobiles Mahindra Extends The Warranty Period Of All Its Vehicles Due To Covid-19: Read More To Know!
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Telangana In May
Poha is one of the popular food items found in any Indian kitchen. You can make several dishes using poha. For snacks, poha pulav is very much in demand. Other than that, you can make poha upma, poha kheer, etc.
Poha keeps you full for a long time and curbs your hunger. If you want to eat light at night, milk and poha can be a good option. Again, for your sweet tooth, you can try a healthy recipe of poha laddoo.
Also read: Coconut Puran Poli: Ugadi Sweet Recipe
The recipe is very simple. Have you ever made coconut laddoos or sesame seed laddoos? The recipe of poha laddoo is almost the same. Here is a simple recipe of how to prepare poha laddoo with basic ingredients. You can make it rich by adding dry fruits, condensed milk, khoya, etc.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5-6 minutes
Ingredients (for eight laddoos)
1. Poha: 1 cup (you can take thick or thin flakes)
2. Coconut Powder: ½ cup
3. Refined Sugar: ½ cup
4. Cardamom powder: ¼ tsp
5. Cashew nuts: 3-4 (finely chopped)
6. Almonds: 3-4 (finely chopped)
7. Pistachios: 3-4 (finely chopped)
8. Raisins: 8
9. Hot melted ghee: 4-5 tbsp
10. Milk: 1 cup (optional)
11. Rose Water: ½ tsp (optional)
Also Read: Jaggery Sweetened Rice Kheer
1. Spread the poha on a plate and check for any gravel or dust. Remove those.
2. Take a deep-bottomed pan and dry roast the poha on a low flame for 3-5 minutes. Don't make it brown if you want to make white laddoos. Keep on stirring at regular intervals and when you get a nice aroma, remove it from the flame.
3. Add coconut powder and mix it well with the roasted poha. Now, grind sugar finely.
4. Add the sugar to the poha and coconut mixture and put everything into a grinder.
5. Grind all ingredients coarsely.
6. Keep it aside.
7. Roast cashews, raisins, almonds and pistachios in melted ghee.
8. Now add all these dry fruits into the poha mixture.
9. If you want to add milk, just warm it up and add to the mixture.
10. For more binding you can add 1 tbsp ghee again.
11. For a beautiful aroma, you can add rose water.
12. Now take the mixture in a flat plate and make balls out of it.
If you make it with pure ghee, it will stay fresh for a week. You can also store these in an air-tight containers for several days.