- 10 hrs ago Do You Often Pick The Skin Around Nails? You May Have Excoriation Or Skin Picking Disorder?
- 11 hrs ago Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022: Huge Discount On Home Appliances
- 15 hrs ago Wall Paint - Distemper Or Emulsion? 5-Point Comparative Guide By Expert
- 16 hrs ago Former New York Post Editor Alleges Harassment At Workplace And Retaliation By Senior
- Technology Samsung Republic Fest Sale 2022: Best Deals On Top Selling Samsung Smartphones
- News Websites, YouTube channels spreading lies, conspiring against India will be blocked: Minister Thakur
- Sports India vs South Africa 1st ODI 2022: Player of The Match, Post Match Presentation, Scorecard, Records and Stats
- Finance 3 Debt Free Chemical Stocks In India With M-Cap Over Rs. 10,000 Crore To Add To Your Watchlist
- Education UPPSC PCS Main Combined/USS Exam Deferred Owing To COVID, To Be Held From March 23 Onwards
- Movies French Actor Gaspard Ulliel Of Moon Knight Fame Passes Away At 37 After Ski Accident
- Automobiles Tata Tiago And Tata Tigor Top Variants Updated: New Features And Colours Added
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Assam In Winter Of 2022
Diwali is fast approaching us and the preparation for it is almost beginning. Diwali is the occasion to get together with the family members, have a party, check on the amazing lights, crackers and obviously, gorge on sweets. You can't imagine Diwali without kaju katlis or ladoos, can you?
Well, we're here to add a little sweet to your life, which is why we've shared this yummy sweet recipe of Shakkar Pare. This is an awesome sweetmeat to make your Diwali delightful.
So, have a look at the ingredients requirred and the procedure to prepare this sweet and enjoy your Diwali in all its gaiety.
Also Read: Must Try Rice Recipes For Diwali
Serves - 4
Preparation Time - 30 minutes
Cooking Time - 50 minutes
For Shakkar Pare
1. Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
2. Ghee - 2 tbsp
3. Water as required
4. Semolina - ¼th cup
5. Oil for deep frying
For Sugar Syrup
1. Powdered Sugar - 1 cup
2. Water - ½ cup
3. Saffron strands - few (optional)
Also Read: Maincourse Recipes For Diwali
1. Take flour into a bowl and add semolina, ghee and sugar into it. Mix all the ingredients well.
2. Now, add water as per needed to make the dough. Knead it well and make the dough soft and firm.
3. Divide it into two equal parts and cover it with a clean cotton cloth.
4. After a few minutes, take a ball from the dough and roll it into a thick paratha.
5. Now, cut the paratha horizontally and vertically to get the diamond shaped pieces.
6. Then, heat some oil in a pan.
7. Add those small pieces into the oil and deep fry them. Keep the flame on a medium temperature.
8. Don't pour all the pieces together in the kadai. There should be enough space for the frying of the shakkar pare.
9. Fry them until they turn golden brown in colour. Remove them from the kadhai and drain the excess oil by keeping the pieces on a kitchen towel.
For The Sugar Syrup
1. Take sugar in a pan and add water.
2. Keep the pan on low to medium flame and stir the sugar to be dissolved in water.
3. Stir the mixture until it starts bubbling and gets sticky. Add saffron strands into the syrup.
4. Continue cooking up to two-three strings.
5. Finally, spread the sugar syrup on the shakkar pare and let it cool.
Your shakkar pare is ready to be served.
Note: You should pour the sugar syrup when hot on the shakkar pare, otherwise it may crystallize.
- recipesDiwali 2020: Here Is How To Make Karnataka-style Chandrahara In Your Home
- recipesDiwali 2020: How To Make Balushahi Recipe For Your Loved Ones
- recipesDiwali 2020: Try This Delicious Bombay Karachi Halwa Recipe For This Festival
- recipesMysore Pak Recipe: How To Prepare South Indian Mysore Pak At Home
- recipesRasam Recipe: How To Make Tomato Rasam
- recipesLemon Rice Recipe: How To Make Chitrana Rice At Home
- recipesJalebi Recipe: How To Make Instant Jalebi At Home
- recipesNippattu Recipe: How To Make Thattai At Home
- recipesOnion Pakora Recipe | Crispy Onion Fritters Recipe | Eerulli Bajji Recipe
- recipes7 Cups Burfi Recipe | How To Make Besan Burfi | Seven Cups Sweet Recipe
- recipesAloo Bonda Recipe | How To Make Potato Bonda | Batata Vada Recipe
- recipesHalbai Recipe: How To Make Karnataka-style Halwa