- News TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu asks CM Jagan Reddy not to shift capital from Amaravati
- Sports Australian Open 2020: Changing of the guard 'inevitable' says Djokovic
- Technology Indian IT Ministry Issues Social Media Guidelines For Account Identity Verification
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapuramloo Day 7 Box Office Collection: The Film Crosses 100 Crore In Just One Week!
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Moong dal halwa, Navratri recipe:
1 cup moong dal
' cup mawa or khoya
chopped almonds, pistachios and cashew nuts
6-7 tbsp ghee
Directions to make moong dal halwa, Navratri recipe:
1. Soak moong dal overnight or for 4-5 hours. Grind it with very little water after draining the water to make a thick paste.
2. Heat ghee in a non-sticky pan and add the moong dal paste. Stir the paste in medium flame till the colour turns golden brown. Generally, moong dal takes 30-45 minutes to cook. See that the ghee layer is visible to avoid it from sticking in the pan.
3. Add mawa or khoya and mix it with the paste well. Stir non-stop for 20-30 minutes.
4. Mix after every 20-30 seconds. Let the colour turn golden brown.
5. In a deep pan, boil water and add sugar. Make a syrup and keep it aside.
6. Soak few saffron strands in a cup of little milk and keep it aside.
7. After the mixture becomes golden brown, add sugar syrup and mix well.
8. Add the saffron to get the yellow colour.
9. Sprinkle chopped nuts and cardamom powder to garnish.
Moong dal halwa, Navratri recipe is ready. Serve it hot. You can even keep it in refrigerator for 3-4 days. Fry it in little ghee before eating again.