Jalebi Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups maida flour
- 2 tsps gram flour
- 1 tsp ghee, melted
- 2 tbsps sugar (sugar free)
- 1 1/2 tsps active dry yeast (or soda)
- Water (for making batter)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 drops yellow food colour
- 2 cups refined oil for frying (refined sunflower oil)
- 1 3/4 cups lime-saffron syrup
Jalebi Recipe Preparation:
- If you are adding yeast then dissolve it with water and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine gram flour, maida, ghee, lemon juice, sugar, food colour, water and yeast. Mix well into a smooth batter.
- Fill the batter into a pastry bag with a small opening at the tip.
- To the boiling oil, pour the batter in coils and deep fry.
- Drain the excess oil on cakes using paper towels and soak it in a warm lemon saffron syrup. Tasty jalebi recipe is ready.
Adding elaichi powder to the syrup will make the diet sweet all the more delicious.
Story first published: Thursday, October 20, 2011, 11:51 [IST]