- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 17 June 2021
- 13 hrs ago Celebrating Pride: Monica Dogra From ALTBalaji's The Married Woman Gives Styling Tips To Ace This Month!
- 14 hrs ago Jupiter Retrograde In 2021: Effects On Different Zodiac Sign
- 14 hrs ago Sherni Promotions: Vidya Balan Surprises Us With Her Unique Tiger-Inspired Saree; Also Wows Us With Jewellery
- News Currency holding with public impacted due to second COVID-19 wave: RBI
- Movies Happy Birthday Lisa Haydon: We Bet You Didn't Know These Interesting Facts About The Queen Actress
- Sports Hornets' LaMelo Ball named NBA Rookie of the Year
- Technology Amazon JBL Days Sale: Discount Offers On Headphones, Speakers, Earphones, And More
- Finance Fed Holds Interest Rates, Sees Faster Time Frame For Rate Hikes
- Automobiles 2021 Range Rover Velar Launched In India At Rs 79.87 Lakh
- Travel Madhya Pradesh Tourism Collaborates With The Vidya Balan-Starrer Amazon Original Film ‘Sherni’
- Education Study Abroad 2021: Check Out The Countries Reopening For International Students
For Raksha Bandhan, we present to you one of the most famous recipes of all time, the Chana dal banana kheer. Kheer is widely prepared in almost every Hindu festival. If you like kheer, then this is one of the best dishes you can learn. It is a simple Raksha Bandhan recipe which every sister needs to try and pamper their brothers. This evening you can try out this sweet dish for your brother.
The Chana dal banana kheer is tasty since it contains a cup full of roasted dried fruits and sweet condensed milk which enhances any dish. It is time to get to the kitchen and start preparing this Raksha Bandhan special, chana dal banana kheer recipe.
Serves - 6
Preparation time - 20 minutes
Cooking time - 25 minutes
- Chana Dal - 1 cup
- Banana - 2 (ripe, medium size)
- Saffron Powder - 1 pinch
- Cardamom Powder - 1 tbsp
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Condensed Milk - I can
- Milk - 3 cups
- Coconut - 2 cups (grated)
- Dried fruits - 1 cup (raisins and cashews)
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- In a pan, put the ghee and wait until it turns a little hot.
- Now add the dried fruits to the hot ghee and roast it lightly on medium flame, till it turns golden brown in colour.
- When the fruits are roasted, empty the contents from the pan and set it aside in a bowl.
- In the same pan, boil the chana dal and milk till the dal turns soft. When cooked, mash the dal with the help of a smasher.
- To this mixture, add in the condensed milk, saffron, sugar and cardamom power. Stir the ingredients well on a low flame.
- Add the cut ripe banana and bring the mixture to boil. You need to stir the mixture constantly to prevent milk from cooking over sides of the pan.
- When done, switch off the flame and garnish it with the roasted dried fruits.
Your Raksha Bandhan special sweet dish is now ready. The Chana dal banana kheer can be eaten hot or cold, as per your wish.