- 1 hr ago On Malavika Mohanan’s Birthday, Her 5 Floral Outfits That Will Leave You Inspired
- 18 hrs ago Zareen Khan, Malaika Arora, Neha Sharma And Genelia Deshmukh Stun Us With Their Awesome Gowns
- 20 hrs ago Panchamrut Recipe: How To Prepare The Auspicious Sweet Prasad Dish At Home
- 20 hrs ago Kamika Ekadashi 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- News Egg rolls are yummy! But have you tried eating a two feet long one?
- Movies Salaar: Is Katrina Kaif A Part Of Prabhas Starrer?
- Automobiles New Tata Tiago NRG Launched In India At Rs 6.57 Lakh: New Exterior Design, Colours & More Available
- Technology Lenovo Tab P12 Pro With SD855 Chip Expected Soon; Google Play Console Listing Confirms
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: Lovlina Borgohain crashes out in semis, settles for bronze medal
- Finance This Savings Account Offers Up To 6.25% Interest With Health & Wellness Benefits: Check Details
- Education CBSE School Wise Result 2021 For Class 10th And 12th At cbseresults.nic.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Manipur In August
This festive zucchini cake is perfect for winter holidays, that everyone will love with a classic twist. There is a unique vegan option for the frosting which is completely homemade and no oil. Else, a ready-made Nutella cream will work equally well. This dessert with a burst of flavours and little zucchini bits is absolutely a spectacular combination. Be adventurous and try this out. You'll leave your guest very impressed.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!
Festive Zucchini Cake
240g brown rice flour/almond flour
2 cups dry date powder (kharik)
2tsp baking powder
0.5 tsp baking soda
0.5 cup cocoa powder
0.25 tsp salt
2cup grated zucchini
250ml milk/ 320 ml coconut milk (vegan version)
1 cup date paste/ 10 dates mixed with little water in a high-speed mixer
2tsp vanilla extract
1 egg OR 2tbsp flax egg (vegan version)
Option 1: 2.5 cup Nutella
Option 2: (vegan/healthy method)
2cups pureed sweet potato
1cup nut butter
1tsp vanilla extract
2tbsp date paste
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients (except the zucchini). Whisk it very well. If needed it can be blended in mixie. Squeeze water out of zucchini by squeezing it in paper towels. Now add the grated zucchini in the batter. Do not blend after adding zucchini. Pour this in 8-inch diameter mould lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 25-30 mins. Remove from the mould it and cool on a wire stand.
You can use:
Option 1: Ready-made Nutella as frosting
Option 2: Homemade Sweet potato frosting (Steam sweet potatoes and mash them when cool. Mix all frosting option 2 ingredients together and blend for 5mins )
Apply frosting paste (Option 1 or Option 2) on the cake. When the base has cooled down completely, slice the base horizontally. Sprinkle little water on the base. Apply frosting layer in it. Place the second part in the reverse side on it. Sprinkle little water on it and apply the frosting. Assemble the cake, such that the frosting layer is between the cake. Decorate with chocolate chips.
You can use frosting 1: ready-made Nutella as frosting.
Make a healthy homemade version using sweet potato as in option 2 along with this recipe.
Either way, method of preparing, will make your festive cake taste delicious.
Nutritional Info Home made Zucchini cake (1 kg cake; Serves 20)
Sugar (natural)- 47