- 20 min ago ICW 2020: Falguni And Shane Peacock’s Outfits Are Exquisite But The Movie Has A Few Loopholes
- 1 hr ago If You Have These Symptoms, Your Headache Is Not NORMAL!
- 3 hrs ago Ginny Weds Sunny: Yami Gautam Blossoms Like Lily In A Yellow Lehenga In Peppy Wedding Number LOL
- 3 hrs ago 13 Things That You Can Do To Make Your Partner Fall In Love With You Once Again
- Sports IPL 2020: Was prepared to do anything to come and play in UAE, says Delhi Capitals' Alex Carey
- News MoS Railways Suresh Angadi dies of Covid-19
- Movies Kangana Ranaut: Bollywood Mafias Are Regretting Their Cruelty, Sadism & Silence
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Launched; Affordable Samsung Flagship To Tackle The Competition?
- Automobiles Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Variant Details Revealed: Launch Expected Soon
- Finance Gold May Hit Another Record High By Year End, Says Citi
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Winter In India In 2020
- Education SWAYAM Admit Card 2020 Released For September 2020
Though the mango season has come to an end, here is one last recipe that you ought to try. The mango rasam or the 'appe saru' as it is typically known in Karnataka, is one of the best recipes to try this monsoon.
This recipe is famous in the north Karnataka. It is basically a drink, which is served during the lunch. But, some also mix it with the rice.
The mango recipe gives a tangy taste. It tastes a little sweet, more tangy and spicy. So, let's start preparing the tangy mango recipe.
Preperation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 10 min
All you need:
- Tangy raw mango - 1
- Green chilli - 2 to 3
- Curry leaves - 10
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Jaggery - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1tbs
- Coconut - 1 small cup
- Asafoetida - 1 Pinch
- Oil - 1 tbs
- Salt - to taste
- In the pressure cooker add water and then put the raw mango.
- Wait for two whistles.
- Meanwhile in the mixie jar, add cumin seeds, green chilli, coconut, asafoetida, jaggery and little water.
- Grind it well. Keep aside.
- Peel the skin of the cooked mango and smash it well.
- In the mixie jar, add water and grind the smashed mango, until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Seive the paste along with some water to get the extract
- In a pan, add oil. When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Now add the mixture that was first grinded. Then add the mango extract and a little water.
- Add salt to taste.
- Let it cook for two minutes. Don't heat for long.
- You can serve it in cups as a drink
- Or relish it mixed with the rice as rasam.
Tasty yummy tangy mango recipe is ready.