If you are a seafood lover, this is one recipe that should be made just for you. Fish and chips is the recipe that we shall share with you today.
This recipe originally is from the English country, but it is quite famous among all the seafood lovers in India. As the name suggests, the main ingredient here is the fish. This recipe is called fish and chips, as chips are served along with the deep-fried fish.
To enhance the taste further, wine or soda can be added as an ingredient too. This gives it a yummy crispy, cruncy taste. In today's recipe, we deep fry the fish. However, some people prefer frying potatoes along with the fish to makes chips as well.
Inbetween two chips, the fried fish can be placed and served hot along with a spicy sauce.
Read to know how to prepare the fish and chips recipe.
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 15 minutes
Preparation time - 15 minutes
- Fish - 5 to 6
- Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Baking Powder - 3/4th teaspoon
- Soda Or Wine - 1 cup
- Maida - 1 tablespoon
- Corn Flour - 1 tablespoon
- To make the batter. Add 1 cup of maida, chilli powder, baking powder and mix these well.
- Pour soda or wine to the mixture and make sure no lumps are formed.
- Cool the batter for 20 minutes.
- Then, add a little salt and mix them well.
- Mix corn flour and maida on a plate.
- Spread the maida and corn mixture on the fish.
- Then dip the fish in the soda or wine mixture.
- Take another pan and add oil.
- Once the oil has heated up, add the fish and deep fry it until it turns golden brown.
- Serve the hot fish along with some chips and some spicy sauce of your choice. It tastes better than your imagination.