- 2 hrs ago Eat These Foods Guilt Free! List Of Foods That Do Not Cause Weight Gain
- 2 hrs ago Navratri 2020 Day 4: Know About Mata Kushmanda, Puja Vidhi, Significance And Mantras
- 3 hrs ago Here’s Your Guide On How To Oil Train Your Hair
- 3 hrs ago Wondering Whether He Will Be A Good Husband? These 9Signs Will Help You
- Movies Neha Kakkar And Rohanpreet Singh Will First Have A Registered Marriage On October 22?
- Sports ICC Chairmanship: Only NZ's Gregor Barclay and Singapore's Imran Khwaja file nominations
- News India has one of the highest recovery rates of 88%: PM Modi at Grand Challenges Annual Meeting 2020
- Automobiles Hero Splendor+ Black & Accent Edition Launched With Personalization Options: Priced At Rs 64,670
- Technology Realme Narzo 20A Review: Affordable Price, Big Battery Saves The Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In November
- Education DU SOL Admission 2020 For Undergraduate Courses Begins, Check Details
- Finance FM Sitharaman Asks Govt Companies To Achieve 75% Capex Target By Dec
Winter is the best time to indulge in a spicy mutton curry. Since mutton generates a lot of heat in the body it is suitable for the winter when your body needs that.
Mutton can be cooked in many ways. Indian spices make it easier to experiment with the usual day to day items in our kitchen and that's the beauty of Indian cuisine. So, today we have a simple mutton recipe which you may have tried a lot of times in Punjabi hotels or dhabas. But now you can prepare the sumptuous mutton kadai at your home without any hassle.
Mutton kadai or kadai gosht is an easy preparation and if you can use a pressure cooker then it gets cooked fast as well. Check out the recipe of mutton kadai and definitely give it a try.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
All you need
- Mutton- 250g
- Tomatoes- 2 (chopped)
- Onion paste - 1/4 cup
- Garlic paste - 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger paste - 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tbsp
- Green chillies- 3
- Yogurt - 1/4 cup
- Garam masala powder- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1tsp
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Bay leaves - 2
- Oil - 3tbsp
1. Wash the mutton pieces properly and marinate it with yogurt and salt. Keep it aside for 20 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry the green chillies. Transfer it to a plate and keep it aside.
3. Now add the mutton pieces to the pan (without the marinade mixture). Fry till they turn golden brown and keep it aside.
4. To the same oil add the cumin seeds and allow them to splutter.
5. Then add the onion paste and cook for a few minutes.
6. Then add the ginger-garlic paste and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
7. Add tomatoes, coriander powder, garam masala powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and cook for 5-6 minutes.
8. Now add the marinade mixture and salt to the pan. Mix well.
9. Add the mutton pieces and mix well. Cover and cook on low flame for 15-20 minutes till the mutton is completely cooked.
10. Once the mutton is cooked, add the fried green chillies and switch off the flame.
Mutton kadai is ready to be served. Enjoy this special delight with rotis or rice.
Mutton kadai is high in proteins and contains about 257 calories approximately.
To cut down on the time, you may cook the mutton in a pressure cooker with the same process. Wait for 4-5 whistles to blow before your mutton gets ready.