- 1 hr ago COVID-19 In India: Hospital Urges Government To Make Masks Mandatory To Fight Second Wave
- 3 hrs ago 12 Reasons Why Holding On To Grudges Is Not Good For You
- 3 hrs ago Does Empty-Nest Syndrome Exist? Symptoms, Causes And How To Cope
- 3 hrs ago First Wedding Anniversary Quotes, Wishes, Messages And Images To Share
- Finance 12 Companies With Biggest Jump In Promoter Pledged Shares In July-Sept
- Sports Sports Minister Rijiju assures BAI all support to organise Yonex Sunrise India Open Superseries 2021
- News Delighted at AstraZeneca vaccine's effectiveness, says Adar Poonawalla
- Automobiles eBikeGo To Install 3,000 Charging Stations In Five Cities Across India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Ali Fazal On Bagging Lead Roles In Hollywood: Choices Don’t Come To You On A Platter
- Technology Two Oppo Reno5 Variants Get Benchmarked; Processor Details Confirmed
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Fried rice recipes are very popular among the youth these days. The Indian youngsters no longer want to eat pulao or biryani all the time. They like to try different delicacies. Be it a Chinese recipe or Continental, the youth wants to taste variety of foods. That is why, chicken schezwan rice is such a rage these days. You will see the name 'chicken schezwan rice' on all the posh menus in restaurant. Surprisingly, this fried rice recipe is also a street food.
Chicken schezwan rice is not strictly a Chinese recipe. It is part of the cuisine we now define as Indo-Chinese. This fried rice recipe is prepared with lots of schezwan sauce and thus has a bright red colour. Mind you, chicken schezwan rice can be very spicy so try it with a bland gravy.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Chicken- 100 grams
- Rice- 2 cups
- Onion- 1 large (chopped)
- Garlic pods- 8 (chopped)
- Carrots- 1 (chopped)
- Beans- 4 (chopped)
- Capsicum- 1 (chopped)
- Green chillies- 2 (chopped)
- Tomato sauce- 1tsp
- Schezwan sauce- 1tbsp
- Oil- 1tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Boil chicken in a pressure cooker with 2 cups of water and salt. Cook for the duration of 2 whistles.
- Now store the chicken stock and take out the boiled chicken. Shred the chicken with your fingers.
- Use the chicken stock (more water if needed) to cook the rice for 10 minutes.
- Using the stock to cook rice ensures that the rice has a chicken flavour.
- Now heat oil in a deep bottomed pan. Add onion to the pan and saute for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- Next, add green chillies and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Then add all the vegetables namely, capsicum, carrots and beans. Fry for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- Pour tomato sauce and schezwan sauce into the pan. Saute it for 30 seconds and then mix it up with the veggies.
- Add chicken and cooked rice to the pan. Also sprinkle some salt. Now mix up the sauce with the rice slowly.
- Don't stir too hard or else you you may mash up the rice. Stir the rice slowly for 3-5 minutes.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
You can serve chicken schezwan rice plain or with a non-spicy gravy.