The holy Ramzan period has started and all the pious Muslims have started their fast, which will go throughout the month and finally, they will celebrate the Eid with great pomp and vigour.
During this holy month, they will keep a fast for the whole day and eat only after the sun sets.
Do you know about the special cuisines in a Muslim house during Ramzan? They prefer to have fruits, dry fruits, fried ingredients and meat preparations.
Also Read: 30 Ramzan Special Exotic Chicken Recipes
Dry phall is one of those yummy dishes that you can have if you visit any of your Muslim friend’s house.
An authentic dry phall recipe is made with red meat (mutton), but if you dislike mutton, you could try this recipe using a chicken. So, here is the dry phall recipe for Ramzan. Try it at home this year.
Serves - 6
Preparation time - 2 hours (for marinating it)
Cooking time - 30 minutes
1. Chicken breast/mutton with bones - 1kg
2. Butter/ghee/oil – 300 g
3. Chicken/Mutton stock - 1 and ½ cup
4. Chopped white onions - 2
5. Ginger paste - 2 teaspoons
6. Garlic paste - 2 teaspoons
7. Onion paste - 2 teaspoons
8. Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon
9. Garam masala powder - 1 teaspoon
10. Dry red chilies - 4
11. Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
12. Yogurt – 100 mL
13. Chopped tomatoes - 2
14. Lemon juice - ½ of a lemon
15. Black pepper - 2 teaspoons
16. Salt - As per taste
17. Sugar - 1 teaspoon
18. Coriander leaves - for garnishing
Also Read: Dahi Ke Kebab Recipe For Ramzan
1. Take meat in a bowl.
2. Add lemon juice, yogurt, ginger, garlic and onion paste into the meat.
3. Mix all the ingredients well.
4. Keep it for 2 hours.
1. Pour butter/ghee/oil into a large pan and set it on a high flame.
2. When it is hot and you see fumes, add cumin seeds and dry red chilies and let them get sizzled.
3. Now, grind the cumin seeds and red chilies together to make a paste.
4. Add chopped onions and fry those until they turn transparent.
5. Add the cumin-chilli paste, ginger paste, onion paste and garlic paste.
6. Stir the spices until it leaves oil to the corners of the pot.
7. Add turmeric and cumin powder.
8. Now, add the marinated meat, stir a little and add the chopped tomatoes.
9. Add salt, black pepper and sugar.
10. Add chicken/mutton stock.
11. Now, keep the heat moderate and let the meat get cooked well. Chicken won’t take much time to get cooked, while mutton need some time. You can cover the pan with a lid.
12. Check if the meat is boiled and tender. If not, you can add a little more water. Remember, not to add too much of water, as the preparation should be dry.
13. When the meat gets tender and mixed well with all the spices, sprinkle garam masala powder and turn off the stove.
14. Garnish with some fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
This is the authentic dry phall recipe that is made in many households. Serve it hot with roti or parathas. You could also have it with some rice.