- 11 hrs ago Chaitra Navratri 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- 12 hrs ago Hina Khan Glams Up With Copper Green Eye Shadow And Glossy Nude Lips; Get The Look In A Few Simple Steps!
- 14 hrs ago Ugadi And Baisakhi 2021: Spruce Up Your Festive Look With Celebs-Inspired Traditional Suits
- 17 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 13 April 2021
- Sports JUST IN: Ben Stokes of Rajasthan Royals may miss IPL 2021 with a suspected broken hand
- News Janta Curfew in Maharashtra: Know more about what is closed, what's open and what's allowed
- Technology Possible Oppo Reno6 Variant Gets Benchmarked; Snapdragon 765G SoC, 8GB RAM Tipped
- Movies Ankita Lokhande, Rahul Vaidya, Urvashi Dholakia And Other TV Celebs Wish Fans Happy Gudi Padwa
- Automobiles Kabira Mobility Hermes 75 High-Speed Commercial Delivery Electric Scooter Launched In India
- Finance Gold Price Fall Not Much A Worry for NBFCs, Banks Need To Be Watchful
- Education CSBC Bihar Police Constable Final Result 2021 Declared
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
With India's first-ever digital fashion week, FDCI's Indian Couture Week 2020 coming to an end, we have officially entered the realm of digital fashion. It was truly a special event that witnessed the change from traditional ramp walk style fashion week to a cinematic performance. From Gaurav Gupta's opening show to Manish Malhotra's closing show, the ICW 2020 showcased the designer's creativity and passion through some stunning pieces.
But, that wasn't all. This digital fashion show also proved to be a visual treat for all the beauty lovers out there. Creative hair accessories, flawless make-up, blast from the retro- you name it. This fashion show catered to all the facets of beauty. So, we did a little retake and have listed for you the best beauty trends captured in ICW 2020. Take a look!
Headbands that were popular in the 90s have made a comeback to the beauty scenes, but with a twist. Floral and bejewelled headbands have become a huge trend lately. And a ton of such creative headbands were seen on Day 1 of the fashion week in the Suneet Varma Show.
The models wore beautiful blingy and floral lehengas that were complimented flowy hair styled with floral and bejewelled headbands. This created a statement look that didn't need extravagant make-up to make an impact.
Sleek hair has become the new hair craze. Even your favourite celebrities are wearing silky, smooth, almost wet-looking hair all the time. It came as no surprise then that they were featured in the Gaurav Gupta Show on day 1 of the fashion week.
With models wearing solid-hued, rose-textured sarees and gowns, the sleek hair helped to keep the look grounded and gave the dresses their moment to shine. We think that was a very smart move. The whole look came together beautifully in the show.
Natural Glowing Make-up
Slowly but surely the world is moving towards a more natural look. With beauty brands coming up with a nude colour palette, fashion shows have also started embracing the natural glowing look. All through the fashion week, you could see models wearing an extremely natural look with a hint of lip gloss and highlighted high points that added a natural sheen to the face.
So, if you aren't comfortable with a bright and bold look, don't fret! The beauty industry is currently going gaga over the natural look.
Low buns are extremely classy, especially with a lehenga. With the designers featuring heavily embroidered attires, hair styled in buns become an obvious choice to pull the look together and prevent any mess.
The Rahul Mishra Show held on Day 2 of the fashion week seemed to follow the same mantra. With the models wearing heavy lehengas and chunky jewellery, the low buns kept the hair off the face and gave the beautiful attire and accessories a moment to shine.
Stunning Retro Waves
Much like the headbands, the retro hairstyle has made a huge comeback. More specifically, retro waves. These are a part of almost all the major shoes and ICW as no different.
Retro waves ruled the Dolly J show held on Day 3 of the fashion week. With models in gorgeous sarees and chunky traditional jewellery and classic retro bun, the hair was the main attraction for us. Middle-parted hair with retro waves that framed the face and formed a low bun at the back, the look took us to a completely different era. Needless to say, we loved it!
Smokey Eyes, Duh!
No fashion show is complete without the classics. And the smokey eye is at the extreme top of the classic beauty trends list. The collection ‘Sindoori' showcased at the Anju Modi show was a serene display of classic beauty.
With a minimalist theme, great colour choice, cultural vibes and classic smokey eyes, the show did a great job to capture the essence of our Indian tradition. The subtle smokey eyes were created with immense precision and brought life to the show.
And that were all the beauty trends that captured our attention. A combination of classic and modern, these trends are stylish and simple enough for anyone of us to flaunt. So, the next time you need some beauty inspiration, try any of these trends. We assure you that you are going to fall in love with the outcome.
All Image Credits: FDCI Instagram