- 26 min ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 51 min ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 59 min ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- 1 hr ago Sonakshi Sinha’s Recent Pink Ethereal Outfits Are What All Fashionistas' Dreams Are Made Of
- Sports Exclusive: Vijay Shankar not disheartened with India snub, focusses on leading Tamil Nadu in Ranji Trophy
- Movies Prabhas To Shelve Jaan And Announce A New Movie? Shocking Rumour Goes Viral
- News Noida police recover 2 dead bodies in a house, extramarital affair suspected
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Technology Vivo V17: The Good, Bad, And The X Factor
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Nandita Das has made a triumphant return to Cannes 2013 after 8 years. The last time we saw Nandita Das at Cannes was in 2005. She was at Cannes as part of the jury for short films. This year too, Nandita Das is at Cannes judging short films across the globe.
Much has been said about the fashion sense of Indian celebrities at Cannes. Some celebrities likeVidya Balan and Amitabh Bachchan have been lambasted by the media for making bizarre style statements at Cannes 2013. Other celebrities like Aishwarya Rai and Sonam Kapoor have got some measure of critical acclaim. But when it comes to Nandita Das's Cannes style, there is not much that can said.
We said that not much can be said about Nandita Das's style at Cannes because it has been incredibly simple and there lies the secret of its success. Looking at Nandita Das at Cannes is like getting a breath of fresh air. Amidst all the mumbo jumbo about brands and fashion labels, she holds her own in style. We have seen a lot of celebrities wearing Indian outfits at Cannes, but none have done it with as much integrity as Nandita Das.
Nandita Das choose her Indian outfits for Cannes without looking to get on the brand-wagon. That is why she came out with flying colours. Firstly,Nandita das wore a salwar kameez for Cannes. We have not seen any other Indian celebrities do that at Cannes 2013 so far. Usually celebrities go for the more elaborate and glamorous Indian outfits like lehengas and sarees.
On the first day of attendance, Nandita Das wore a lovely yellow silk salwar kameez. She steamed up the half sleeved silk kurta with a churidar and a net dupatta. She left her shoulder length hair open and wore a simple red bindi to complete the look. That is a perfect Indian look for you; simple and without any frills.
Later for a grand dinner, Nandita chose a slightly more glamorous silk saree. We have no idea which fashion label this saree comes from. But we do know that it is brilliant. This purple and ash shaded saree looks like a traditional ‘dhoop-chaun' saree. This is a Southern silk that changes colours with the play of light. Nandita wore this exquisite piece with a simple blouse and some ethnic jewellery.
Simplicity is written all over Nandita Das' Cannes style diary. And that is partly why it is so appealing.