- Technology Best Selling Samsung Mobiles On Sale At Flipkart Republic Day Sale And Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020
- News TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu, 17 MLAs taken in police custody
- Sports Premier Badminton League 2020: Satwik & Lakshya Sen shine as Chennai Superstarz win opener
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 113 Synopsis: Time To Elect The Second ‘Elite Member’ In The House
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Celerio BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.41 Lakh
- Travel 7 Patriotic Places To Visit This Republic Day
- Finance New Gold Hallmarking Rules: 5 Things To Know
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Nandita Das has made a triumphant return to Cannes 2013 after 8 years. The last time we saw Nandita Das at Cannes was in 2005. She was at Cannes as part of the jury for short films. This year too, Nandita Das is at Cannes judging short films across the globe.
Much has been said about the fashion sense of Indian celebrities at Cannes. Some celebrities likeVidya Balan and Amitabh Bachchan have been lambasted by the media for making bizarre style statements at Cannes 2013. Other celebrities like Aishwarya Rai and Sonam Kapoor have got some measure of critical acclaim. But when it comes to Nandita Das's Cannes style, there is not much that can said.
We said that not much can be said about Nandita Das's style at Cannes because it has been incredibly simple and there lies the secret of its success. Looking at Nandita Das at Cannes is like getting a breath of fresh air. Amidst all the mumbo jumbo about brands and fashion labels, she holds her own in style. We have seen a lot of celebrities wearing Indian outfits at Cannes, but none have done it with as much integrity as Nandita Das.
Nandita Das choose her Indian outfits for Cannes without looking to get on the brand-wagon. That is why she came out with flying colours. Firstly,Nandita das wore a salwar kameez for Cannes. We have not seen any other Indian celebrities do that at Cannes 2013 so far. Usually celebrities go for the more elaborate and glamorous Indian outfits like lehengas and sarees.
On the first day of attendance, Nandita Das wore a lovely yellow silk salwar kameez. She steamed up the half sleeved silk kurta with a churidar and a net dupatta. She left her shoulder length hair open and wore a simple red bindi to complete the look. That is a perfect Indian look for you; simple and without any frills.
Later for a grand dinner, Nandita chose a slightly more glamorous silk saree. We have no idea which fashion label this saree comes from. But we do know that it is brilliant. This purple and ash shaded saree looks like a traditional ‘dhoop-chaun' saree. This is a Southern silk that changes colours with the play of light. Nandita wore this exquisite piece with a simple blouse and some ethnic jewellery.
Simplicity is written all over Nandita Das' Cannes style diary. And that is partly why it is so appealing.