- 38 min ago Viral Infections May Promote Alzheimer's Like Diseases: Study
- 52 min ago Hum Do Hamare Do Promotions: Kriti Sanon’s Aqua Gown Is What You Can Bookmark For Tropical Holidays
- 1 hr ago Sara Ali Khan And Janhvi Kapoor Doll Up In Party Dresses For Ranveer Singh’s Show, The Big Picture
- 2 hrs ago IMF Chief Economist Gita Gopinath To Quit Job, Plans To Return To Harvard University
- Finance What Is The Difference Between Futures and Options Trading
- Movies Sara Ali Khan And Janhvi Kapoor Are Pure BFF Goals In These Lovely Pictures
- News India has a protective shield of 100 crore vaccine doses: PM Modi
- Sports T20 World Cup 2021: Big shame that we don't have Stokes, Archer for tournament, says Roy
- Technology Moto G51 5G Key Features Leaked Online; 50MP Triple Camera, FHD+ Display In Tow
- Education Kerala TET Result Released For May 2021 Session
- Travel Top Wedding Destinations In India
- Automobiles Mahindra XUV700 Crosses 65000 Bookings In Just Two Weeks
Large skin pores is an issue that doesn't bother us much until our mid-20s. This is mainly because this issue becomes more aggressive as we age. While large pores can mostly be attributed to your skin type and genetics, our skin pores can certainly be enlarged by the conditions our skin is exposed to and lack of proper skincare. You don't get how intense this problem is until you see yourself in the mirror and the large pores stare right back at you. Large pores also become frustrating as they expose your skin to many skincare woes such as acne, clogged pores, and blemishes.
If you have encountered large pores yourself and are wondering the reason behind it, we have complied 5 major causes of large pores for you. Let's begin, shall we?
1. Oily Skin
Overactive sebaceous glands are a major reason behind large pores. Our skin produces some natural oils that help keep the skin moisturised and healthy. When the oil production in the skin is more than required, you have yourself an oily skin. These overactive glands make your skin vulnerable to dirt and pollution. The bulid-in grime in your skin pores causes them to swell and over time this lead to enlarged pores.
2. Sun Damage
Overexposure to the sun is another reason for the large pores. Prolonged exposure to the harmful rays of the sun can alter your skin and enlarge your pores. When your skin is exposed to the sun for a long time, the collagen production in the skin is reduced and the tissue below the top layer of the skin expands resulting in large pores.
Also Read: Home Remedies To Treat Sun Damaged Skin
Ageing is one of the most common reasons for large pores. As you age, so does your skin. With age, our skin losses its elasticity and becomes vulnerable. The skin cell regeneration capacity of the skin also reduces. As a result, there is a build-up of dirt and impurities in the skin pores. This causes your skin pores to swell and causes large pores.
4. Picking On The Skin
Your bad skincare habits can also be the reason for your large pores. Picking on the zits and popping them, over-scrubbing and constantly messing with the blackheads can expose your skin pores. Your vulnerable skin pores get clogged and you end up with large pores that are frustrating to deal with.
At last, the reason you have no control over- your genetics. When it comes to pore size, your genes play a major role. While you can not do anything to prevent large pores in this case, what you can do is adopt a healthy skincare routine to reduce the appearance of those large pores. Cleansing, exfoliating and keeping the skin moisturised are the important skincare steps that will ensure smooth and flawless skin.