- 2 hrs ago Managing Diabetes To Reducing Weight, Some Amazing Health Benefits Of Jicama
- 2 hrs ago Yuru Kabgyat Festival 2022: Date, Time, Celebrations, History And Significance
- 5 hrs ago What Is Alagille Syndrome? Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 5 hrs ago 5 Things To Keep In Mind While Designing Your Kids' Bedroom
- Automobiles State-Wise Percentage Of Car/Bike Ownership In India
- News Yasin Malik sentenced to life imprisonment in terror funding case
- Travel Adventurous Road Trips During Monsoon In India 2022
- Movies Thank You Teaser Review: Naga Chaitanya-Vikram K Kumar's Movie Looks Promising
- Technology Oppo Reno 8 Pro Indian Variant Details Out; Coming Next Month Alongside Reno 8
- Sports Javelin star Neeraj Chopra gets approval to train in Finland ahead of Diamond League in Stockholm
- Education Assam HSLC Result 2022: Check SEBA Class 10 HSLC Result Date, Steps To Download And Other Details
- Finance Emkay Global Recommends Buying This Fashion & Retail Stock For Over 40% Returns
There's no longer a stigma attached to stress; it's just part of life. However, stress can take a toll on your mental and physical health. It's easy to dismiss stress as a minor issue. 'It's just stress,' we say. But did you know the symptoms can show on your face too?
Dryness, wrinkles, and acne are just a few ways it shows up. Read ahead to know how stress can affect your face.
Effects Of Stress On Your Face And Hair
1. Acne: You produce more cortisol when you're stressed. The hypothalamus produces CRH (corticotrophin-releasing hormone) in response to cortisol. CRH stimulates the oil production of sebaceous glands around the hair follicles. And this oil production by these glands can clog pores and cause acne.
2. Under-eye bags: The appearance of bags under the eyes is characterized by swelling or puffiness under the eyelids. With age, they become more common as the muscles supporting the eyes weaken. In addition, as a result of sleep deprivation (a common symptom of stress), fine lines, reduced elasticity, and uneven pigmentation are caused by stress.
3. Wrinkles: Stress causes the proteins in your skin to change and reduces their elasticity. Loss of elasticity can result in the appearance of wrinkles.
4. Rashes: Stress can weaken your immune system. A weakened immune system can result in dysbiosis, an imbalance of bacteria in your gut and skin. Whenever this imbalance occurs on your skin, it can cause redness or a rash.
5. Dry skin: In the outer layer of your skin, some proteins and lipids play a critical role in keeping your skin cells hydrated. They also serve as a barrier to protect the skin underneath. If the outer layer is not functioning correctly (as a result of stress), your skin becomes dry and itchy.
6. Face flushing: Your breathing habits may change as a result of stress. These changes may cause your face to flush temporarily.
7. Sore lips: Stress often leads to chewing on the inside of the mouth or the lips, resulting in sore lips.
8. Greying hair and hair loss: It is a known fact that stress can make your hair go grey. Only recently have scientists discovered the reason for this. The pigment melanin is produced by cells called melanocytes and is responsible for giving your hair its colour. Stress can disrupt this production and also your hair's growth cycle, causing a condition called telogen effluvium, which causes an excessive amount of hair to fall out.
Tips To Manage Stress
- Laugh it off because laughter releases endorphins that improve mood and decrease levels of the stress-causing hormones cortisol and adrenaline.
- Try aromatherapy by lighting some scented candles.
- Sip on some warm water.
- Spend time with your four-legged (fur) babies.
- Try massage therapy.
- Reduce caffeine intake.
- Write your emotions and feelings down.
- Chew gum.
- Spend time with your loved ones.
- Cuddling, kissing and hugging are quick stress relievers; studies say so.
- Try deep breathing.
- wellnessStressed? Here Are 6 Indian Fragrances To De-stress
- wellnessExpert Article: Positive Impact Of Music On Mental Health
- disorders cureWhat Is Broken Heart Syndrome (Stress Cardiomyopathy)? Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- wellnessBangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata Named Among 'Most Stressed Cities In The World': Here's Why
- beyond loveStress Harms Relationships: How You Can Reduce It During Holidays And Beyond
- diabetesWorld Diabetes Day 2021: Effective Ways To Manage Diabetes During The Winter Season
- wellness11 Possible Reasons Why You Crave Spicy Foods
- postnatalFactors That Could Affect The Taste, Smell And Production Of Breast Milk
- wellness17 Foods That May Help Increase Oxytocin Levels Naturally
- wellnessHeadache 101: Everything You Need To Know From Causes, Symptoms To Home Remedies, Foods, Yoga Poses And More
- wellnessWhat is Empty-Nest Syndrome? Symptoms, Causes And How To Cope
- postnatalPostpartum Hair Loss: How To Deal With Hair Fall Post-Pregnancy