- 42 min ago 'AmTrue,' A Safe Menstrual Cup For Women, Was Awarded The International Glory Awards 2022
- 2 hrs ago New Treatment For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Could Provide Lasting Relief Without Surgery
- 3 hrs ago Here Are Some Tips To Help You Achieve Natural-Looking And Fuller Eyebrows
- 5 hrs ago Goddess Varahi: Know About The Iconography, Rituals, Legends And Benefits Of Worshipping Her
- Sports Abu Dhabi T10: Delhi Bulls, Morrisville SAMP register wins, SAMP finish 2nd in table
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 6: Angry Fans Lash At Dhanalakshmi As She Hits Shivin; Watch Video
- News KCR's daughter Kavitha gets CBI summons in Delhi liquor scam
- Finance Buy This Small Cap Gas Distribution Stock For High Returns, Target Price Rs 1,082, Says Geojit
- Travel 7 Insane but True Things About Travel You Never Realized
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Sales Report November 2022 - Sales Up By 14.26%
- Technology Redmi 11A Could Soon Replace The Redmi 10A; Spotted On IMDA, TENAA
- Education IIT Placements 2022: 30 students bag packages over Rs 1 cr
Stubborn acne is the worst - I'm sure y'all agree with me on that. For someone who struggles with acne or pimples, it is imperative to have a good skincare routine. And a good skincare routine is all about covering the base well so that you have a strong routine that benefits your skin.
No, no, don't leave now - I will not bore you with a 12-step or 24-step skincare routine for acne. But a simple and easy one for everyone out there who simply cannot commit to a looooong step-by-step guide EVERY SINGLE DAY.
So, for all the lazy gworls out there, here is the easiest acne routine.
Note: The acne routine mentioned in this article is for people with minor acne.
Easiest Acne Routine For Everyone
Morning Routine For Acne
Step 1: Wash your face
If you have acne, you know you need to wash your face every day, but did you know you don't need an acne-fighting face wash? Unfortunately, most acne cleansers are too harsh and dry, leaving your skin more vulnerable to breakouts than healing.
Use a gentle, sulphate-free cleanser instead. It'll dissolve excess oil, dirt, and bacteria without irritating your skin.
Step 2: Moisturise
Without moisture, oily and acne-prone skin goes into overdrive, clogging pores and producing too much oil to compensate. So, the opposite of what you want. Instead, use a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer with hydrating ingredients like hyaluronic acid, glycerin, and/or ceramides to keep your skin balanced and hydrated.
Step 3: Wear SPF
When you get a pimple, you get annoying marks and scars that linger for weeks-sometimes months-and UV exposure worsens them and can also cause skin cancer and premature ageing. So, lovelies, don't forget to use sunscreen, please.
It's important to use a formula that:
1. Has SPF 30 or more, which is the daily minimum recommended by dermatologists.
2. Protects against both UVA and UVB rays (the damage-causing kind).
3. It is non-comedogenic, which means it doesn't clog pores.
Night-time Routine For Acne
Step 1: Wash your face
No matter how tired you are, wash your face before bed - and face wipes don't cut it. To remove all the gunk accumulated on your skin during the day, use the same cleanser you used in the morning.
If you wear makeup, experts recommend double cleansing-using an oil-based cleanser first to break down your foundation and eye makeup, then your gentle cleanser to rinse everything off-because face washes alone do not effectively clean pores.
Step 2: Apply an acne treatment
Choose from serums or gels with active ingredients like Adapalene, Salicylic acid, Benzoyl peroxide, or Niacinamide. For example, try adapalene or salicylic acid for blackheads and whiteheads and benzoyl peroxide or niacinamide for pustules.
Benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and niacinamide can usually be used daily, but start by using them every other night, gradually building your tolerance to daily use.
Step 3: Moisturise, again
Your skin will need all the hydration it can get, so layer the same moisturizer you used in the morning. Most night creams contain active ingredients, and your skin will get what it needs to fight acne from the acne treatment gel/cream. However, mixing and matching too many active ingredients can irritate and even render your products ineffective.
Happy acne-treating, everybody!
- skin careKareena Kapoor Khan’s Key Ingredient For DIY Facials: 3 Ways You Can Use It!
- skin careIs Your Skin Always Inflamed? Here Are Five Ingredients That Help Calm Skin Inflammation
- skin careJanhvi Kapoor's Favourite Go-To DIY Ingredient: 3 Ways To Use It For Your Skin
- skin care3 Natural Ways To Use Pineapple For Skin Care And Hair Care
- make up tipsVampire Skin Trend On Social Media: What Is It? Steps To Get It!
- skin careSix DIY Beauty Ingredients That Can Cause More Harm Than Good
- skin careSamantha Ruth Prabhu's Miracle Solution For Glowing Skin: 2 Ways To Use It!
- skin careKiara Advani Swears By Fresh Cream For Skincare: 2 Ways To Use It For Skin And Hair
- body careDo You Have A Body Care Routine? Its High Time You Do! Steps To Follow
- skin careYami Gautam's Favourite Kitchen Skincare Staple: 2 Ways To Use It For Glowing Skin
- skin careTips To Depuff Your Face In The Morning
- skin careLooking For The Right Anti-Ageing Skin Routine? Five Must-Have Ingredients