- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope: 20 April 2021
- 11 hrs ago Bhediya Schedule Wrap: Kriti Sanon Has Our Attention With Her Knitted Pink Cardigan
- 12 hrs ago Ram Navami 2021: Muhurta, Rituals and Significance Of This Festival
- 12 hrs ago Style Alert! Neha Kakkar Teams Her Favourite Green Dramatic Dress With Black Boots And It’s A Perfect Match
- Technology Last Day Offers On Flipkart Carnival Sale April: Discount On Realme Smartphones
- Movies COVID-19 Vaccine For All Above 18: Kareena Kapoor, Riteish Deshmukh, Swara & Others Laud Government’s Move
- Sports WTC final to go ahead as planned: ICC after Britain adds India to travel 'red list'
- Education UPSC EPFO Exam Postponed Due To Surge In COVID-19 Cases
- News PM Modi to meet COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers today as govt opens jabs for all above 18 years
- Automobiles 2022 Nissan GT-R Nismo Revealed: Features Aesthetic Changes and Performance Upgrades
- Finance What is Cheque Bounce?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Lakshadweep In April 2021
Ananya Pandey recently shared an amazing 3-ingredient DIY face mask of her mother with Elle India in an IGTv video on Instagram. The 21-year old actress revealed that she has been utilising the quarantine time by taking care of her skin. And what better than an all-natural face mask, right?
In the video, she talked about how the constant exposure to pollution and make-up (as being an actress she has always got make-up on) is making her skin dry. And so, she uses this DIY face mask to rejuvenate her skin and add a natural glow to it. "Every time after I've used this face mask on my face, I felt my skin glowing..", she added talking about how this mask immediately makes her skin feel better.
The ingredient used in the mask certainly vouch for its potency. Let us now take a look at this amazing DIY face mask and how you can use it.
View this post on Instagram
@ananyapanday takes us through a DIY face mask that she learnt from her mum, @bhavanapandey. It's easy and requires all of 3 ingredients, which are probably in your pantry right now. Tune in. . #ELLEexclusive #AnanyaPanday #Beauty #Bollywood #SelfCare #FaceMasks #StayHomeStaySafe #InThisTogether
A post shared by ELLE India (@elleindia) on
The DIY Face Mask Recipe
Ingredients you need
- 1 tbsp curd
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp honey
How to use
- Take the curd in a bowl.
- Add turmeric and honey to it to make a smooth paste.
- Wash your face and pat dry.
- Apply the paste on your face.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes for the mask to dry.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water using upward circular motions.
- Pat your skin dry afterwards.
Also Read: 11 Rice Flour Face Packs For Glowing Skin
Why does it work?
Much to our delight, Ananya also shared with us the amazing properties of the ingredients used that makes this DIY face mask so effective.
Yogurt contains lactic acid that is a great exfoliator for the skin and removes dead skin cells and impurities. Calcium and other essential minerals present in yogurt are good for clarifying and cleansing your face. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe your skin and calm the redness of the skin as well. Honey, of course, along with its many skin-friendly properties adds the glow to your face.
Important Tips Ananya Mentioned
Along with this amazing and quick DIY face mask, Ananya also shared with us some of her important tips for using this mask. Take a look.
- You can apply the face mask with either a brush or your fingers. If you are using your fingers, make sure to wash your hands thoroughly before touching your face.
- Do not touch your face often. The germ and bacteria on your hands invite acne and other skin issues.
- Do not keep the mask for more than 15 minutes. It can stain your face and that is her personal experience. She kept the mask for 5 minutes too long once and it was difficult to get it off.
- Use raw ingredients only. Processed ingredients infused with chemicals are harmful to the skin and should be avoided.
- After you've rinsed off the mask, use a soft towel to pat your face dry. Do not rub the towel on your face, especially the under-eye area. It leads to wrinkles in the long run.
What do you think about this quick DIY face mask by Ananya? Ananya encouraged the viewers to try this face mask and enjoy beautiful and glowing skin. We definitely agree. This face mask does contain all the good stuff for your face. So why wait. Try it and let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.