- 3 hrs ago Congratulations To Arjun Rampal & Gabriella Demetriades! Baby Care Tips For New Parents
- 4 hrs ago Man Finds Wedding Ring Atop A Carrot 3 Years After It Went Missing
- 5 hrs ago Priyanka Chopra Jonas & Sophie Turner Proves That Sisters Who Slay Together Stay Together
- 5 hrs ago Did You Know That Exposure To Pesticides Can Lead To Depression?
- News 'Same drama has taken place 8 times since 2001': Centre on Hafiz Saeed's arrest
- Movies Ex-Bigg Boss’ Ajaz Khan Gets Arrested For Sharing Objectionable Video & Mocking Mumbai Police!
- Sports Exclusive! Shooting became popular in India because of heroes the sport has produced: Heena Sidhu
- Technology PUBG 4.1 Beta Update Brings Season 4, New Story Trailer And Lot More
- Automobiles 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- Finance Model Tenancy Act To Give A Fillip To Rental Housing: Here's A Fine Print
- Education DU JAT Result 2019 Released: Check Direct Links And Final Answer Key
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Exposure to sunlight leads to the appearance of age spots, fine lines, wrinkles and causes suntan. Therefore, your skin needs to be protected from the harmful rays of the sun. And that is exactly why we use sunscreen lotions. Regular use of sunscreen can help in combating these skin issues to a great extent.
Always look for the SPF number whenever you choose a sunscreen lotion. Dermatologists recommend sunscreens that have SPF between 15 and 50 depending on how long you take to get tanned. Indoors or outdoors, make-up or no make-up, sunscreen is a must at all times.
Now you must be thinking how you can apply sunscreen when you have your make-up on. If you are applying make-up, it is important to protect both your skin and the make-up from the sun. And of course, you have to use a sunscreen prior to applying make-up.
When you apply sunscreen before wearing make-up, make sure that you wait for sometime for the sunscreen to be absorbed onto your skin. Let us go through what are the actual steps involved in applying sunscreen with make-up so that you can follow this the next time.
If you need that extra protection for your skin, then you have to prepare your skin before you start applying your make-up. The first step is moisturising your face. Any kind of skin cream needs to be applied before the primer so that it lasts longer. You can skip this step if you want to, but if you are applying a cream, then it needs to be applied in the right way.
After moisturising, start applying sunscreen on your face. Always remember not to start applying sunscreen from the centre. Apply sunscreen on your forehead, hairlines, jawline and cheeks. These are the areas that are more prone to get damaged by sunlight. Then proceed to the other parts of the face.
This is the next step to follow when you apply sunscreen with make-up. Applying a primer ensures that the pores remain closed and your skin is ready for your make-up routine. Using a primer is all the more important if you are someone who sweats profusely.
The next step in your make-up routine is a foundation. If you do not wish to apply a heavy foundation then you can always go for a tinted moisturiser or a BB cream. If you are applying foundation choose the right shade according to your skin type. Blend the foundation with a blender so that the foundation spreads evenly on the skin.
Finish It With A Setting Spray
After the long effort of applying make-up you do not want that to wear off so quickly. So using a make-up setting spray with SPF protection would protect your skin from any kind of damage caused due to excess sunlight and also helps your make-up to last longer. Spray it all over your face evenly so that your make-up remains set.