- 19 min ago Sun Transit In Sagittarius On 16 December 2021: Effects On Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- 4 hrs ago Yearly Health Horoscope 2022: Astrological Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 11 hrs ago Omicron: COVID-19 Third Wave Projected In India In February 2022 By IIT Scientist
- 14 hrs ago Omicron Coronavirus: Expert Suggests Ayurvedic Preventive Measures To Combat The New Variant
- Finance Shriram Properties IPO: Loss Making, But Don't Be Surprised On Listing Gains
- Movies Katrina Kaif And Vicky Kaushal's Wedding: Here Is How Love Blossomed Between Couple
- News Stand-up comedian Munawar Faruqui dropped from Gurugram Comedy Festival
- Sports ISL 2021-22: 10 things to know about East Bengal vs FC Goa
- Technology Motorola To Launch Moto G51, Moto Edge X30, Moto G71 Soon; India Launch, Specs
- Education NIFT Admission 2022 Notification Out, Register Online For NIFT UG PG Courses Before January 17 On nift.ac.in
- Automobiles DriveSpark Exclusive: Citroen CC21 SUV Spotted Testing Again In Bangalore
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Kohima
Exposure to sunlight leads to the appearance of age spots, fine lines, wrinkles and causes suntan. Therefore, your skin needs to be protected from the harmful rays of the sun. And that is exactly why we use sunscreen lotions. Regular use of sunscreen can help in combating these skin issues to a great extent.
Always look for the SPF number whenever you choose a sunscreen lotion. Dermatologists recommend sunscreens that have SPF between 15 and 50 depending on how long you take to get tanned. Indoors or outdoors, make-up or no make-up, sunscreen is a must at all times.
Now you must be thinking how you can apply sunscreen when you have your make-up on. If you are applying make-up, it is important to protect both your skin and the make-up from the sun. And of course, you have to use a sunscreen prior to applying make-up.
When you apply sunscreen before wearing make-up, make sure that you wait for sometime for the sunscreen to be absorbed onto your skin. Let us go through what are the actual steps involved in applying sunscreen with make-up so that you can follow this the next time.
If you need that extra protection for your skin, then you have to prepare your skin before you start applying your make-up. The first step is moisturising your face. Any kind of skin cream needs to be applied before the primer so that it lasts longer. You can skip this step if you want to, but if you are applying a cream, then it needs to be applied in the right way.
After moisturising, start applying sunscreen on your face. Always remember not to start applying sunscreen from the centre. Apply sunscreen on your forehead, hairlines, jawline and cheeks. These are the areas that are more prone to get damaged by sunlight. Then proceed to the other parts of the face.
This is the next step to follow when you apply sunscreen with make-up. Applying a primer ensures that the pores remain closed and your skin is ready for your make-up routine. Using a primer is all the more important if you are someone who sweats profusely.
The next step in your make-up routine is a foundation. If you do not wish to apply a heavy foundation then you can always go for a tinted moisturiser or a BB cream. If you are applying foundation choose the right shade according to your skin type. Blend the foundation with a blender so that the foundation spreads evenly on the skin.
Finish It With A Setting Spray
After the long effort of applying make-up you do not want that to wear off so quickly. So using a make-up setting spray with SPF protection would protect your skin from any kind of damage caused due to excess sunlight and also helps your make-up to last longer. Spray it all over your face evenly so that your make-up remains set.