- 29 min ago Shilpa Shetty Kundra Is Style And Elegance Personified In Her White Organza Saree With Printed Fancy Blouse
- 13 hrs ago Father's Day 2021: Eating Changes To Make At Home For Your Older Father (Over 50)
- 14 hrs ago International Yoga Day 2021: Effective Yoga Poses For Cold And Flu
- 14 hrs ago Rasam Recipe: Here’s How You Can Prepare It At Home
- News Mother’s Love! This video of a hen fighting a snake to save her chicks is epic
- Movies RIP Milkha Singh: Farhan Akhtar, Akshay Kumar And Other Celebs Mourn Legendary Sprinter's Demise
- Automobiles BYD T3 Electric Cargo Van Spotted On Test In India — Pioneering EVs In The Cargo Van Segment
- Finance Petrol, Diesel Prices Left Unchanged Today: Check Rates
- Technology Nothing 'Ear 1' TWS Earbuds Launch Delayed Till Late Summer
- Sports Milkha Singh passes away: Nation mourns the death of sprint legend
- Education REET 2021 Exam To Be Held On September 26: Education Minister
- Travel World Picnic Day 2021: 5 Best Picnic Spots To Visit In And Around Bangalore
Dehydration of your skin can lead to various unsightly breakouts and leave your skin feeling rough. This type of skin condition can occur because of internal imbalance, unhealthy lifestyle choices or external factors.
It goes without saying that dealing with this type of skin-related issue can be quite challenging.
Even slathering commercial water-boosting skin care products can make no difference to the appearance as well as the health of your skin.
That is why, it is always better to treat the problem from its roots. And, the best way to do that would be by boosting your skin's hydration level.
While there are many ways, we'd recommend you to try out natural ingredients for getting rid of dehydrated skin.
Today, at Boldsky, we've rounded up some of the natural remedies that can work wonders on this troublesome skin condition and help you get soft and supple skin.
Read on to explore about these tried-and-tested natural remedies to give your skin a major hydration boost.
1. Olive Oil
Olive oil can treat dehydrated skin like no store-bought skin care item can. This nourishing oil can give your skin a major hydration boost and prevent it from becoming dry and rough.
To Use: Just dab a little bit of olive oil on your skin and gently massage for 5 minutes to stimulate blood circulation. Try this natural remedy 3-4 times in a week to ensure your skin stays well hydrated at all times.
Oatmeal can solve your skin's hydration problem in no time. Replete with proteins, this natural remedy can make dehydrated skin a thing of the past.
To Use: Take a teaspoon of cooked oatmeal and slather it all over your slightly wet skin. Thoroughly massage for a few minutes prior to rinsing your skin with lukewarm water.
Avocado is another potent remedy that can provide your skin with the much-needed hydration.
To Use: Mash a ripe avocado and smear the paste-like material all over your skin. Allow it to settle in your skin's surface for about 10 minutes prior to washing it off with tepid water.
4. Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter is one more remarkable remedy that can come to your skin's rescue when dealing with this annoying skin condition. It acts as a natural moisturizer and penetrates into your skin's surface.
To Use: Melt a chunk of cocoa butter. Dip a cotton ball in it and rub it all over your skin. After keeping the remedy on your skin for about 10 minutes, use cold water to wash your skin.
Honey too can naturally boost hydration levels of your skin. This traditional remedy is packed with various compounds that can get under your skin and soften it as well, thereby making your skin feel hydrated.
To Use: Smear a little bit of organic honey on your skin and leave it there for at least 10 minutes before washing it off with tepid water.
Cucumber contains a high content of water and skin-benefiting antioxidants that can work wonders on dehydrated skin.
To Use: Mash a few pieces of cucumber and slather the resulting paste all over your skin. Allow it to stay there for about 10 minutes prior to washing your face with cold water.
7. Rose Water
Used for treating a myriad of skin problems, this natural remedy can be easily utilized for boosting the skin's hydration level. Also, it tends to have a soothing and calming effect that can benefit your skin's texture.
To Use: Before going to bed, apply rose water on your skin and wash it off in the morning. Try this method on a daily basis to ensure your skin stays healthy.
The last remedy on this list is yogurt. This natural ingredient can also provide hydration to your skin and prevent it from getting dry or flaky.
To Use: Rub a little bit of fresh yogurt onto your skin and after a few minutes, wash it off with lukewarm water.