Milk, sugar, salt, eggs, vegetables, and fruits - so many kinds of kitchen products can be used on the human skin. Extending the list, there also exist spices that can be applied on the skin for real benefits.
The spices being Indian are easily available and can be tried. The spice-based skin care routines that are suggested here cater to all the skin types and weather conditions.
Try each of them and the one that gives you maximum benefits can be continued. Of course, Indian spices alone do not react on the skin. The spices need to be processed in the right form and mixed with other ingredients to prepare a face pack or face mask that you can apply on your skin.
Take a look at the list of Indian spices that you can start with and how to use them on your skin.
Quite expensive and unusual to get the real version, this recipe of saffron pack requires minimal of it but renders a big difference on the skin. Saffron works as a sunscreen and its anti-inflammatory properties also work on minor skin problems.
5 saffron strands
1/2 a teaspoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of raw milk
1 teaspoon of water
5 drops of olive oil/coconut oil
- This saffron face pack is an overnight process, where you have to soak the saffron in a teaspoon of water all night.
- Next day, in the saffron, add sugar, milk, and oil of your choice in the right proportions.
- Now, use the bread like a makeup brush and apply the saffron pack on your face, neck, and skin.
- Do not bother if the bread pieces stay on to your skin.
- You have to keep the saffron face pack for 15 minutes and then wash it off.
Cinnamon is particularly known to work effectively on acne and pimples. For any other facial disorder as well, you can try cinnamon. Cinnamon exfoliates the dead skin layer and brings out the inner glow of the skin.
1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon powder
1 small bowl
- In the bowl, begin by beating the egg to its soft form.
- Add the cinnamon powder to prepare the face mask that looks light brown by the end.
- Apply all over your skin, with little extra on the areas that have skin outbursts.
- Wait for 15-20 minutes and wash with lukewarm water.
Known for an instant clear skin, nutmeg can only be used in its powdered form in the skin care routine. Nutmeg also works on skin scars, acnes, blemishes and burn marks. So, get rid of all kinds of unwanted marks on your body with this very easy nutmeg face pack recipe.
1 teaspoon of nutmeg powder
1-2 strands of saffron
2 tablespoons of raw milk
- In the mixer, add all the ingredients - nutmeg powder, saffron, and milk - and blend it well.
- Apply a gentle coat of the nutmeg pack on your face and skin, wait for 20-30 minutes and then wash off with water.
There are many ways and recipes to apply turmeric on your skin. The medicinal and antibacterial properties of turmeric work and on constant use, it changes the skin colour and tone. However, please ensure that you are careful about the amount of turmeric you use, as it leaves the skin with a yellow tint.
3 tablespoons of milk
1/2 a teaspoon of turmeric powder
- In the grinder, put the milk, followed by almond and turmeric powder.
- Blend it to a thick yellow-coloured paste, and apply it all over your face and neck.
- Once it starts to dry after 15 minutes, you can wash it off.
The third most expensive spice in the world can now be a part of your skin care routine. Though preparing the cardamom face pack might be an elaborate and little long process; but the end results are excellent.
1 teaspoon of cardamom powder
2 tablespoons of coffee powder
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1/2 a small cup of shea butter
1/2 a small cup of cocoa butter
- In the bowl, first, mix the coffee powder and brown sugar.
- Next, add the cardamom powder - please be careful about the amount, as it is very strong.
- Next, add the shea butter and cocoa butter one after the other.
- Do use your hands to prepare this cardamom face pack.
- You have to mix it long enough till it changes to a dark brown-coloured thick paste.
- Apply on the skin, wait for it to dry and wash.
- This cardamom face pack can be stored in an air-tight container for future use.
- New And Innovative Ways To Take Care Of Your Skin This Holi
- Amazing Inexpensive Products You Need To Add To Your Skin Care Now!
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin Before And After Holi
- Types Of Juices And Natural Ingredients For Tanned Skin
- Top Essential Oils and Their Magical Effects On Skin And Hair
- What Happens When We Use Apple On Skin
- 10 Habits To Follow In Your 20s For Great Skin
- 10 Wonderful Beauty Benefits Of Strawberries For Skin And Hair
- Tips To Get That Glow For Valentine’s Day
- 10 Health Benefits Of Eating Soaked Almonds In The Morning
- Skincare 101: The Acids You Need To Incorporate In Your Skincare Now
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cranberries
- Jowar Tomato Chilla Recipe: How To Prepare Millet Flour Tomato Chilla At Home