- Technology Best 17 inch Screen Laptops To Buy In India
- Automobiles Toyota To Launch The Limited-Edition Fortuner In India Soon
- Movies Sushmita Sen To Make Acting Comeback And Digital Debut With Ram Madhvani’s Web Series Titled Aarya
- News UN Security Council to discuss COVID-19 pandemic in closed session today
- Sports Coronavirus: World Athletics suspends Olympics qualification period until December
- Finance Get Doorstep Delivery Of Cash From Your Bank A/c In Kerala From April 8 Amid Lockdown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In April
- Education CBSE Academic Calendar 2020-21 For Class 1 To 12
Reasons Why Figs Should be Added To Your Beauty Regimen
Figs, being rich in antioxidants and fibres, can act as natural laxatives for the body. But, ever thought of using figs in your beauty regimen? You read that right!
Figs are great in providing a natural glow and can help you stay gorgeous and pretty.
Hailing from the flowering plant of the mulberry family, figs contain vitamins, minerals, dietary compounds, omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants.
Apart from that, they help in removing waste and harmful toxins from the skin and cure many skin-related diseases.
Therefore, not only being good for consumption, figs can be used in preparing some of the best face masks for glowing skin as well.
Read below to find out how figs are benficial for the skin. Also, we have listed 2 excellent face masks that you could try with figs as the main ingredient to give your skin a charming glow.
Exfoliates The Skin:
Skin exfoliation is one of the prime factors for keeping our skin naturally fresh and healthy. Exfoliation helps in removing the dead skin cells, which otherwise make our face dry and flaky. Figs are helpful for just that! Figs are great skin exfoliators because of an active enzyme present in them that clears out wreckage from the surface of the skin. For a flawless-looking skin, wash and clean the fig peels and scrub it on your face.
Serves As A Moisturiser:
It is important to moisturise the skin regularly to prevent our skin from becoming dry and flaky. Figs work as a great moisturiser both for the face as well as the lips. Simply apply a paste of figs to your face and lips and leave it on till it's dry. Then, rinse it with cold water. This helps to hydrate the skin, providing the much-needed moisture to the skin.
Use It For Healthy Skin:
Figs are rich in vitamin A and beta-carotene which are excellent exfoliating enzymes. Having a good amount of water content in them, figs make for great hydrating substances. Although consuming them helps, but using a fig extract directly on the skin helps in tightening the pores and keeping the skin supple.
Contains Antioxidants That Prevent Premature Ageing:
Wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots could be signs of premature ageing, but figs contain antioxidants such as vitamins C and E, which help in reducing the early ageing signs. These antioxidants present in figs prevent in causing any oxidative damage to our body, as they help fight the free radicals and stabilize them.
Keeps Skin Fresh And Rejuvenated:
Apart from being rich in antioxidants, figs are also excellent suppliers of nutrients such as phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin B, calcium and potassium. These ingredients help in keeping the skin fresh and rejuvenated, and tone the skin. It also contains omega-3 fatty acids that condition and moisturise the skin from within.
Treats Pimples and Boils:
Because of the excellent hydrating substances present in figs, they keep the skin moisturised and remove the toxins, which in turn helps in the reduction of acne. Applying baked figs works wonders for boils and skin inflammations.
Can Be Used As A Toner:
Containing the antioxidant vitamin C, figs act as great toners for the skin, as they are the producers of collagen. Collagen helps in improving the elasticity of the skin, while also toning it and making it wrinkle-free.
Cures Skin Problems:
Figs have great dietary fibres in them, which help in regulating the digestive tract. Timely elimination of the waste from the body helps keep the body healthy, which in turn helps the skin in being healthy. Therefore, figs help in getting rid of the major skin problems such as eczema, acne and psoriasis.
Provides A Natural Glow:
There are many benefits of figs, from hydrating the skin to moisturising it, to making it soft and smooth. But did you also know that it gives our skin a natural glow?
Well, here our 2 effective DIY masks that you could try, which help in giving your skin that perfect glow.
Recipes To Make With Figs:
- Fig And Yogurt Face Mask: Take a few figs, peel their skin off and mash them. In a bowl, add some yogurt, mashed figs and a teaspoon of honey. Apply it evenly on to your skin and leave it on till dry. Rinse with cold water.
- Fig And Orange Face Scrub: Take a few figs, peel and mash them. In a bowl, add a few drops of almond oil, a teaspoon of sugar and 2 tablespoons of orange juice to it. Mix everything well and apply it on to your face. Scrub the face gently and wash with cold water.