Between chemically loaded products, hectic hours and the cell damaging UV rays, is it really a wonder your skin is slowly but steadily losing its glow?
Your routine cleansing-toning-moisturising, is just not enough, every now and then, you need to indulge your skin with some TLC to get the lost radiance back. We have one suggestion for you - potato face mask.
Before you scrunch up your nose, read up what this poor-man vegetable can do for your skin.
It is packed to the brim with antioxidants that repair damaged skin cells, neutralise the free radicals and promote regeneration of new skin cells.
Natural bleaching properties in potato remove skin tan, lighten pigmentation and remove dark spots. Vitamin B complex, on the other hand, improves the skin's elasticity and tightens skin tone.
Vitamin C present in potato brightens skin tone, giving it an irresistible glow. Now that you know precisely what a potato mask can do, let's get down to some of the potent DIY potato mask recipes.
Note - Before trying these skin-whitening potato masks, make sure to patch test them first to eliminate any possibility of side effects.
Skin Whitening Mask
- Take a potato, peel, grate and extract its juice.
- Store the juice in refrigerator to chill for a while.
- Cleanse your face and pat dry.
- Dip a cotton ball into the solution, wring out the excess and apply it to your face and neck.
- Wait till it is absorbed into the skin and then, rinse it off with cold water.
- Try this 2 to 3 times in a week for brighter, clearer complexion.
- Take 1 egg white in a bowl and add a tablespoon of potato juice to it.
- Using a fork, keep whisking, until it blends well.
- Apply a thin coat of the mask to your face and neck.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes. Scrub and rinse.
- Packed with proteins, this mask cleanses pores and erases fine lines.
- Take an equal quantity of tomato and potato juice and mix it well.
- Massage the solution onto your skin.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes and then rinse off with cold water.
- Packed with beta-carotene and antioxidants, this mask will remove tan and brighten complexion.
- Take 1 tablespoon of potato juice, add 1 teaspoon of yogurt and a pinch of turmeric.
- Using a fork, mix until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply it to your face and neck.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes, once you feel your skin stretch, scrub and rinse it off.
- High on lactic acid, this mask cleanses, tones and hydrates skin tone, giving it a dewy glow.
- Grate half a potato, add a few drops of lemon juice, a pinch of turmeric and a required amount of rose water.
- Apply it evenly over your face after cleansing it.
- Let it get absorbed into the skin for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Later, scrub, rinse and pat dry.
- This potato mask is high on citric acid and vitamin A, which tone and nourish the skin.
Healing Ice Rub
- Take potato juice and cucumber juice in an equal quantity.
- Fill it in an ice cube tray, place it in the refrigerator to solidify.
- Once done, take a cube out and rub it onto your skin gently.
- It will soothe skin, reduce inflammation and cleanse the pores, apply it once a day.