- 22 min ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 30 min ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- 58 min ago Sonakshi Sinha’s Recent Pink Ethereal Outfits Are What All Fashionistas' Dreams Are Made Of
- 1 hr ago 11 Health Benefits Of White Pepper
- Movies Inside Video: What Break Up? Kartik Aaryan & Sara Ali Khan Are All Comfy At The Star Screen Awards
- Sports Three underperforming Arsenal players this season
- News Noida police recover 2 dead bodies in a house, extramarital affair suspected
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Technology Vivo V17: The Good, Bad, And The X Factor
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Touch your skin, does it feel a tad too dry? Look at it closely, are there dark spots, beginning of fine lines or patchiness? Your skin is steadily, but surely edging towards ageing! And pricey jars and tubes of miracle creams just won't do. What you need are herbal radiance-boosting face masks, which are essentially packed with a high concentration of collagen.
What does collagen do to your skin? Collagen is a protein found in the connective tissue of the body, which basically defies the signs of ageing, and keeps your skin smooth, clear and crease-free.
Reality check: We are not saying these homemade face masks for clear skin are not effective, what we are saying is that the effects are only temporary and only on the surface level, which creates the "impression" of glowing skin.
For radiance that is skin deep, you need to take care of what goes inside your body. In short, flush out the toxins, bid adieu to fattening food, and embrace a wholesome diet.
Exercise enough, drink plenty of water, munch on green veggies and fruits and, most importantly, love thy self!
And for that added rejuvenation, here are some radiance-boosting face mask recipes. Take a look!
Egg + Cucumber
This homemade face pack for clear skin beats fine lines, makes skin supper smooth and instantly glowing.
- Take egg white in a bowl, add a tablespoon of chilled cucumber juice and whip until you get a frothy consistency.
- Cleanse your face and apply the mask evenly.
- Wait till it dries out completely, before rinsing it clean with plain water.
- Use these natural ingredients for glowing skin, once a week.
Avocado + Oats
Packed with fatty acids and vitamin A, this mask revitalises dry skin, removes dead skin cells, and promotes the regeneration of new skin tissues.
- Take a tablespoon of avocado paste and 1 tablespoon of oats powder in a bowl.
- Add a teaspoon of organic honey.
- Using a fork, beat the ingredients together until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply a thick coat on the clean face and neck.
- Let it sit undisturbed for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Scrub in a circular motion for another 10 minutes and then rinse it off with plain water.
Orange + Banana + Yogurt
High on potassium, vitamin C and amino acids, this Ayurvedic mask for brighter skin tone strengthens the skin, improving its elasticity and clearing the skin of blemishes.
- Take 1 tablespoon of mashed banana, add in 1 tablespoon of orange juice and 1 tablespoon of yogurt in a bowl.
- Using a fork, stir it continuously, until it blends well.
- Cleanse your face and apply the mask.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes, then scrub, rinse and pat dry.
Strawberry + Honey + Milk
This mask contains a high ratio of lactic acid, calcium and vitamin B5, which repair the skin, lightening blemishes, removing the tan and making the skin radiant.
- Take a bowl, add in 1 tablespoon of well-mashed strawberry paste, 1 tablespoon of honey and a required amount of milk to whip the ingredients into a smooth paste.
- Cleanse your face with a mild cleanser, and pat dry.
- When the skin is still slightly moist, apply an even coat of the mask.
- Wait till it dries completely, before rinsing it off with plain water.
Coffee + Prunes
High on collagen, this radiance-boosting face mask will repair damaged skin cells, making the skin supple, smooth and tight.
- Mash a couple of prunes well, until you get a paste-like consistency.
- Brew half a cup of coffee.
- Add in the coffee with prunes, and whisk until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply a thin coat to your face and neck.
- Wait till it dries, then scrub and rinse.
Grapes + Gram Flour
This mask boosts the collagen and elastin level of the skin, which in turn perks up dull and tired skin.
- Take 6 to 8 ripe grapes, mash them well.
- Add a few drops of olive oil and a teaspoon of gram flour.
- Using milk, mix all the ingredients together into a smooth paste.
- Apply the mask to freshly cleansed face.
- Wait for 15 to 20 minutes, before washing it off with cold water.
If you have any more tips on how to get radiant skin naturally, do add it in the comment section below.