- 4 hrs ago Alaya F Represents The Modern Indian Bride Through Her Recent Magazine Cover And How Beautifully!
- 5 hrs ago June 2020: Auspicious Housewarming Dates In This Month
- 5 hrs ago 5 Amazing Benefits Of Sunflower Oil For Skin
- 6 hrs ago June 2020: A List Of Popular Festivals That Will Be Celebrated In This Month
- Movies Vijay's Bigil Did Not Incur Losses: Confirms Producer Archana Kalpathi!
- Sports Kohli right guy to take Indian cricket forward, Stokes is best cricketer now: Botham
- News India, China don’t need US help to resolve border frictions: Chinese official media
- Technology Flipkart Sale: Must Check Out Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- Automobiles 2020 Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.83 Lakh
- Finance FM Sitharaman Launches Free Instant PAN Card Facility Using Aadhaar
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Did you know the skin that frames your eyes ages twice as faster than your facial skin? Also, the skin tends to be thinner with fewer oil glands than rest of your skin, which causes the collagen fibre to breakdown and make the eyes look saggy and droopy.
Your regular skin care routine just won't work here. You need something gentle yet effective in caring for the skin around your eyes, which is precisely why we are here.
But, before that, let us understand what causes crow's feet and those dreaded fine lines to appear near your eyes. Seemingly harmless habits like rubbing your eyes too much, not removing makeup at the end of the day, waxing eyebrows and, of course, stepping out in the direct sunlight without a proper shield like good-quality glares can cause these issues!
From dark circles, eye bags to crow's feet, if you want to steer clear of them all for as long as possible, take our advice. Stop chocking your pores with chemicals, device a skin care routine dedicated just for your eyes, be gentle on your eyes, get enough of sleep and pack up on proteins.
Also, here are some herbal eye mask recipes for that added nourishment. Have a look.
Invest In A Good Eye Cream
Invest in an eye cream that contains emollients and nicotinic acid, both of which are proven to be effective in treating, conditioning and nourishing the skin. Take a few drops in the palm of your hands and pat into the area around your eyes. It will dissolve the water deposits under the skin layers, reducing puffiness.
Cucumber contains antioxidants and water, which flush out toxins and hydrate the skin. Cut two thin slices of cucumber. Place it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Apply the slices onto your eyes. Let it remain until the coldness seeps out. Do this every day to revive tired muscles around the eyes.
Potato contains carotene, flavonoids and antioxidants, which promote the collagen level of the skin that in turn keeps the elasticity intact. Peel, grate and extract the juice of a potato. Place it in the refrigerator to cool for 10 minutes. Massage the solution onto your eyes. Let it sit for 20 minutes and then wipe it off with a wet cloth.
Green Tea Bag
Your regular tea bags are a powerhouse of antioxidants and tannin, which can work like magic on tired eyes. Here is what you need to do.
Take two used green tea bags. Wring out the excess water. Keep them in the refrigerator to cool for 10 minutes. Take it out and place it on your eyes. Let it sit, until the coldness seeps out.
So, if you have any more tips on how to keep the area around your eyes in best shape, do share with us in the comment section below!