- 8 hrs ago What Are Empty Calories? Major Sources, Disadvantages And How To Replace Them
- 9 hrs ago Omicron Subvariants BA.4 And BA.5 In India: What You Need To Know
- 10 hrs ago First Death Of A Child Reported In Mexico Due To Mysterious Severe Hepatitis: Things To Know
- 10 hrs ago Benefits Of Applying Sindoor On Main Door, As Per Vastu Shastra
- Finance Rupee Recovers Amid Reports Of Yet Another Hike In Repo Rate And Weak Dollar
- Sports IPL 2022 Playoffs: GT, RR, LSG & RCB's journey to the knockout stages
- News Vinai Kumar Saxena appointed Delhi's new Lieutenant Governor
- Education RBI Assistant Prelims Mark Sheet 2022 Released, Check Steps To Download RBI Assistant 2022 Prelims Exam Marks
- Automobiles KTM RC 390 Launched At Rs 3.14 Lakhs
- Movies Munmun Dutta To Quit Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah To Participate In Bigg Boss OTT 2?
- Technology Vivo T2 5G Launch Postponed; Check New Launch Date, Features & Expected Pricing
- Travel Most Appealing Monsoon Holiday Destinations In India
Having perfectly manicured nails makes you feel like a Bad B', right! You love to highlight those painted nails, but it is enough to make one upset when the paint starts coming off as soon as you make 'em pretty.
Even if you avoid washing your hands just to make the nail polish last longer, it doesn't stay long. Therefore, here are some beauty tips to make the nail polish last longer. Check it out.
Tips To Make Nail Polish Last Longer
- Always wash and clean your nails before applying nail colour. Soak your nails in soap water and remove the dead skin and cuticles around the nails.
- Roll the bottle, don't shake it. Shaking a polish bottle infuses the colour with air bubbles, which leads to chips - mix the polish by holding it upright and rolling it in your hands instead.
- Trim and shape the nails accordingly and then rinse in clean water. Dry with a soft towel and apply a moisturiser.
- Let the nails dry for 10 minutes. Now, apply a thin base coat on your nails to make the nail polish last longer.
- Apply a thin coat and cover the nails till the ends. Generally, nail polish starts to chip out from the ends first. This coat protects the nail polish and makes it stay long.
- Let the coat dry on your nails. After the thin coat dries, apply one coat of the nail polish colour and let it dry.
- One beauty tip to keep the nail polish for many days is to apply two to three coats (based on the requirement and shade colour).
- Lighter nail polish colours should have 3 coats. This brings out the real nail colour and also looks good.
- Let the nail polish air-dry. Apply a top coat over the nail polish coat. This protects the nail polish and makes it last longer.
- You can also use a shimmer or glossy top coat to add a different glow to your nail polish.
- If in a hurry, soak hands in cold water for 5 minutes after applying the nail polish. Otherwise, air-dry the nails.
- Using a hand cream twice a day will help keep your hands moisturised. It also keeps your cuticles moisturised so that there is no problem with them drying and chipping off your skin or your nail paint.
- If you are someone who has to do house chores daily, make sure to put on rubber gloves to protect your nails. The constant flow of water, soap and other household chemicals can chip the paint off your nails.
- Make sure to avoid the cuticles because the colour applied is more likely to peel away than the polish applied directly to the nail.
- Dried-out polish is more likely to peel off of your nails, so to avoid it make sure that you use nail oil at least once a day.
- body careGot Thin Brittle Nails? Check Out These 8 Kitchen Ingredients That Can Help
- women fashion5 Coolest And Unique Nail Art Designs You Can Try During The Lockdown
- body care6 Easy Tips To Make Short Nails Appear Longer
- body care8 Tips To Make Your Nails Strong
- body careHow To Revive Your Natural Nails After Removing Acrylic
- body carePamper Your Nails This Season With This Amazing Mirror Manicure
- beautyKylie Jenner Inspired Jelly Nails Are The Latest Instagram Trend
- beautyDoes Olive Oil Help In Strengthening Brittle Nails?
- beautyWhat Is Nail Art Dotting & Basic Tools To Help You Master The Art
- beautyHow To Whiten Nails Instantly Using Home Remedies?
- beauty3 Easy DIY Nail Paint Removers
- beautyHow To Get Ombre Nails?