We all love to pamper our skin - whether it's at home using simple home remedies from our kitchen or a relaxing hot water bubble bath or treating ourselves to a nice spa treatment - we love our skin & body.
With so many skin and body care treatments flooding the market, we sometimes wonder what are these things, treatments, what good they do to our skin, or do they even benefit our skin and if yes, how? So many questions!
Today, we at Boldsky, have simplified a term often referred to as 'body wrap' for you. Read on to know what it is, what it does, how it works, and most importantly... what are its benefits.
What Are Body Wraps?
A body wrap is a process that involves wrapping your body with plastic sheets or sometimes thermal blankets that help to detoxify, moisten, and rejuvenate your skin. A body wrap also helps to hydrate your body and can actually be a positive thing to try.
Sometimes, body wraps are also used in slimming therapies as it is believed that body wraps help to reduce certain inches of your body.
How Are Body Wraps Done?
Before you begin with the how to process, one thing you must know is that any skin care or body care process begins with exfoliation. For that, you need to use a good body scrub. It will exfoliate the skin and get rid of all the dead skin cells. Later, you can begin with the actual process of body wrapping.
In body wrapping, plastic sheets or thermal blankets are wrapped on to your torso, arms or legs. There are various types of body wraps. While going for body wraps, you need to inform your spa attendant which body wrap you would prefer - detoxifying, hydrating, or slimming.
After wrapping your body, you need to relax for a specific amount of time before you are again unwrapped. Post that, either the spa attendant applies a lotion on you or asks you to take a shower. And, with that, the process of body wrapping is completed.
Benefits Of Using A Body Wrap
Well, there are a number of benefits of using a body wrap to begin with... However, the most important ones are:
- Detoxifying body wraps are done using clay or seaweed which help in flushing out impurities and toxins from your skin.
- If you go for hydrating body wraps - they add moisture to your skin.
- Body wraps are designed in such a way that they help in toning your skin.
- They help in skin tightening as well as skin softening.
How To Do A Body Wrap At Home
It is quite easy to do a body wrap at home. But there is one ingredient that you need to do a body wrap at home - coconut oil. Follow these simple steps mentioned below to do a body wrap at home:
- Begin with exfoliating your skin. Use a body scrub and start rubbing it on the places you would want to use a wrap.
- Once done, take a generous amount of warm coconut oil and mix it with some coffee grains.
- Using a brush, start applying it on your skin - where you would want to place the wrap.
- Now take a plastic wrap and start wrapping your body where ever you have applied the mixture.
- Make sure that the wrap is not too loose or too tight - but tight enough for you to sweat.
- Leave it overnight.
- Unwrap it in the morning and get into a nice and relaxing shower and feel the difference.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP Is A History Changer, Name Changer, But Not A Game Changer — Mamata Banerjee
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Best Smartphones With 4000mAh And 5000mAh Battery Under Rs 10,000
- Deepika Padukone Invites Katrina And Ranbir To Her Wedding Reception
- Unbelievable Mysterious Stones Found On Earth
- A Beginners Guide On How To Invest In Mutual Funds In India
- Do You Know About This Hidden Hill Fort In Uttar Pradesh?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey